Having a problem....

IrishIze
on 11/20/04 1:43 am - NJ
I'm clearing some things out of my drawers and closet today. Now, how do I express this???? I guess I'm having that fear of getting rid of the big clothes - it's that old feeling that no matter how much weight I lose, I always seemed to gain it back, and eventually be back in those clothes. I guess I'm having trouble grasping the concept that if I continue doing what I'm supposed to be doing, I won't gain it back ever again. Guess I can't believe it's true! Anyone else ever have these kinds of feelings??? Hugs, Nancy -74
Irene S.
on 11/20/04 2:20 am - NJ
Yes! Except, since I've lost weight before, and gained it back, I was holding onto my skinny clothes thinking I would be fitting into them some day. I finally got rid of them when I realized that they weren't in style anymore, so I wouldn't want to wear them if I could fit back into them someday! That helped me let go. I have to go through my things now and get rid of stuff, so I'll be joining you in the angst.
Deejay
on 11/20/04 2:36 am - Sparks, NV
I just went through the same thing! I cleaned out my closet and filled 3 heftys and a big box. (I haven't even done my drawers yet) and I had the same problem. I cried when I did it, but I knew this was it! I had to think to myself, I don't fit in them now and now that I'm down this far, I refuse to ever let it go back up! GET RID OF THEM! You go girl! Hugs, Deejay
kay T.
on 11/20/04 6:47 am - wyandotte, MI
I JUST BAGGED UP MY "BAGGIES" TODAY. USE A BLACK GARBAGE BAG SO YOU CAN'T SEE IT AGAIN! HAVE A MOCK FUNERAL FOR YOUR FAT AND FINALLY SAY "GOOD-BYE",BECAUSE YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT AGAIN. BEING MORBIDLY OBESE MADE ME INSECURE,WITH SOME NASTY SELF ESTEEM ISSUES. MORBID OBESTITY BRING YOU DOWN, MAKES YOU DOUBT YOURSELFAND YOUR TALENTS AND ABILITIES, IT RUINES YOUR HEALTH,AND IS DEPRSSING TO LIVE WITH. ANOUTHER WAY TO DITCH YOUR FAT CLOTHES IS TO TREAT THEM LIKE YOUR DITCHING A BAD LOVER. BECAUSE KEEPING THEM, LIKE THE BAD LOVER, WILL ONLY BRING YOU DOWN.
Debra O.
on 11/20/04 8:42 am - Chino, CA
No, i couldnt wait to get rid of all the ugly fat clothes, and start buying the cute stuff that the rest of the world wears. I got rid of all mine as soon as it was just a little baggy.
Ann M.
on 11/21/04 10:41 pm - Norwich, CT
Seems like we are all on the same schedule. Went through my closet this weekend, for the second time since surgery, to clean out the big stuff and put in the smaller stuff. Thank God I saved most of my smaller stuff in the cellar all those years. I was afraid I'd have to go shopping for clothing that I'd only be wearing for a month or so. Bagged up three, count 'em, three, HUGE bags of clothes...and that doesn't include my coats/jackets and suit coats that I have to have dry cleaned before I donate them! It felt great! I'm really looking forward to going to my closet now to pick out what I'm going to wear today! Of course, soon it will be time to clean out the closet again...and I don't have that many smaller sized stuff left in the basement....so I'm asking my family to give me gift certificates for Christmas, so I can take advantage of the after season sales to pick up smaller sized clothes to tide me over until I hit my goal. Ann 82lbs GONE!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views