Water Check...how ya doin'???

IrishIze
on 11/18/04 3:04 am - NJ
Just thought I'd see how everyone is doing with their fluids. The last couple of days I've been doing really well, but not today. I haven't been feeling well - tummy is unhappy for some reason, and I don't want to eat / drink anything. I've had about 3 cups of tea and 6 oz. of Carb Countdown smoothie, but not much else. How you doin'???? Hugs, Nancy -72
CAROL H.
on 11/18/04 3:50 am - FAIRBORN, OH
I have a tip for those who are having a difficult time getting in their water. My doc recommends at least 64 oz. of water a day and I have no problem taking it in. I take a piece of sugarfree candy and put it in my mouth while I'm drinking. It makes the water a little more interesting. Give it a try.
Debra O.
on 11/18/04 3:55 am - Chino, CA
I do great in the water dept, because that is all I drink besides my protien. I usually get close to 100oz everyday! ~Debra
IrishIze
on 11/18/04 4:07 am - NJ
I found that I get lots more in if I drink out of a glass or cup rather than out of a water bottle. I can get in 2 or 3 gulps at a time as opposed to sucking out a sip or two. I still have to mix a little bit of Fruit Refreshers Lemonade in with my water....if I drink it plain it's sits like rocks in my tummy. Hugs, Nancy -72
Ann M.
on 11/18/04 4:21 am - Norwich, CT
I still can't drink plain water Before my surgery I drank so much water a day! Now I'm like Nancy, it hurts going down and sits like a rock. So, I discovered the joy of squeezing lemon into water, then adding a packet of Splenda...YUM! I'm finally getting in close to 64oz! Ann 80lbs GONE!
LTruesdale1980
on 11/18/04 4:53 am - Orange Grove, TX
I have not been feeling well all week. Yesterday, I was feeling a lot better. . .today nope going down. All I have drank today, so far, is a venti farp light from starbucks. . .each day this week I have gotten at least that in. I did have some milk last night. I will drink some water when I get home. Lisa
T R.
on 11/18/04 8:19 am
I still have trouble getting in more than 40 oz of water a day. I know I need to drink more, but can't seem to get it in. However, I am going to try the hard candy trick, sounds like a great idea. I have drank so much plain water and tried every type of drink I could get my hands on since surgery and either the taste is bad or its too sweet and I am so tired of water. And trying to drink water in the winter is really hard. Thanks for the candy tip. I will keep you all posted on that one. Take care 7/8/4 - 275.5 11/18/4 - 208 67.5 pounds gone forever!!
Debra O.
on 11/18/04 11:43 pm - Chino, CA
Just remember that Coffee is a diaretic & removes the water from our bodies, so you cant count coffee as water. If you do drink coffee, you should be getting in extra water. Hope this helps you. ~Debra
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/04 11:37 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I do okay with drinking Crystal Light, tea, and the occasional juice or soda, but I rarely drink water because it is still very painful for me. Of course, I doubt I ever get near the 64oz that I'm supposed to have. I never was big on liquids, and it's hard to continually be sipping something. Pamela -60
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views