McDonalds Booths

Tanja Y
on 11/18/04 1:53 am - Wahiawa, HI
I have been an avid booth avoider for many years now. Two weeks ago we took the kids to McDonalds as a treat. It was packed! Only table open was a booth. Imagine my surprise when I sat down and had room to spare! I was so shocked I almost cried right there. It wasn't just a little space.......there were inches between my tummy and the table. Not only that but I sat with 2 of our 3 kids on one side.....with room! Last week dh took me out to lunch and we got taken to a booth where i sat down with confidence. Where before I would have paniced and not sat while the waiter was still at the table. Dh didn't have to pull the table closer to himself to give me extra room and I actually had to scoot forward a little on the bench because I didn't want to spill anything on my white top. After lunch both the waiter and hostess came to the table to double check that I liked my lunch, they were concerned because I'd "barely" touched it. I told them it was yummy, I just wasn't all that hungry. We were with a large group, the manager of the restaurant paid for all the guys' lunch (her hubby is my hubbys leader and they just got back from Iraq) and wives were to pay for their own. Well the owner wouldn't let me pay for mine, said I barely ate a thing and no way was he gonna charge me for 3 or 4 bites! Even tho we explained I don't eat much, they still wouldn't accept my money. I still feel my pre-op size alot of the time; especially out in big crowds. But my McDonalds experience just goes to show me I'm definately getting smaller!!! Can't say much for their food, they don't have much I can eat there.....but did pick the chicken out of a salad. ~Tanja
Preacherlady
on 11/18/04 2:24 am - Grove City, OH
Good for you Tanja! Isn't that a wonderful feeling? Woohoo!! Ruth in Ohio -87
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/04 2:37 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Isn't it weird how the little things can make us so happy? I no longer have to worry about booths, either, even though I still eyeball them before I sit down. Going to be hard to get over that, I think! Congratulations! Pamela -60
IrishIze
on 11/18/04 2:55 am - NJ
WooHoo, Tanja...that is awesome!! That's what we used to call a Non-Scale Victory in Weigh****chers!!! Normal sized people would never understand what an exciting thing it is not to have to eyeball a chair before you sit down to make sure it's sturdy enough, or be petrified of a booth. I feel so blessed to have had this surgery - I feel like my whole life has opened up!! Hugs, Nancy -72
CAROL H.
on 11/18/04 3:42 am - FAIRBORN, OH
Isn't it awesome! I had my first "booth" experience about a month ago. I still prefer tables though. Something else I noticed....the bathtub. When I use to sit in the bathtub I would touch side to side. Now I have a few inches on each side!!! Funny how such little things make such a big difference. Keep up the good work!
susan C.
on 11/18/04 10:46 am - vicksburg, MS
i haven't gotten the courage up tp try a booth yet. i know before surgery there was no way i could fit in a booth but mzybe i'll try now good luck ion the wieght loss susan
Patima
on 11/18/04 11:44 am - GA
I know how you feel! Hubby and I went to Wendy's today and as we were ordering, they closed the table area! We went to a booth in the back and I had no problem at all! Made my baked potato taste even better Patti
Sue G.
on 11/18/04 3:17 pm - Aurora, NE
That's great I know how you feel about booths. My husband is quite large and we still have to ask for a table when we go into a restaurant. (He's hoping to get WLS soon) A really great experience I had today my 6 yr old grandaughter hugged me and said grandma your getting skinny !!! I really hugged her then !!! It's funny how the little things mean so much isn't it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views