Back pain

T R.
on 11/13/04 2:10 am
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else suffers from back pain. When I say back pain I mean more like kidney area and not true back pain like a pull or injury. I am starting to record my fluid intake because I am a little worried that I am not getting enough water/liquids in. I am calling my doctors office on monday to ask them. I just wondered if anyone here has had this problem. Take care 66 pounds gone forever!!!
Ann M.
on 11/13/04 10:08 pm - Norwich, CT
I had back pain almost from the day I got home from the hospital. I had injured my back years ago and thought the weight loss would help it...I was shocked when it got WORSE after the surgery! I would be so stiff in the morning that I could hardly get out of bed...and putting my pants on was extremely difficult. It would take me a few minutes before I was limber enough to accomplish little tasks. I went to the orthopedist and found out I had a herniated disc and arthritis in my back and hips. They sent me to PT...the physical therapist explained that because the stomach muscles are cut, the back hurts. The stomach muscles have been helping to hold the back in place and once they were cut, they couldn't do that job as they had before. I went through the PT...do the exercises and have little to no problems now. Your pain could be something else entirely-the kidney part is disturbing. You could have an infection. It's good you are going to contact your doctor...don't fool around with this. Ann 79lbs GONE!
joniliz2
on 11/14/04 11:38 pm - NORTH HAVEN, CT
RNY on 07/02/04 with
Tami- I have a "burning" sort of pain in my left back that dulls and gets worse at certain times of the day. I have had it since surgery...and it nags me but never debilittes me. I can actually feel a difference under in the sensation of the skim from the lt side to the rt side. I thought it was gas..so I never mentioned it to the doctor..I plan on doing so this Friday when I see him. I am puzzled as to what this might me. It it sometimes worse when I exercise...or eat too quickly, so I am not sure. Joanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views