How are all the slow losers doing?

Sue G.
on 11/12/04 5:25 pm - Aurora, NE
A few weeks ago I posted and got a big response from July people who felt they were slow losers like me ! I am now almost 4 months post-op and I am down 49 lbs one pound under 50 It's coming off slow and study and the longest plateau I have been on is about 1 or 2 wks. I've dropped from a size 28/30 jeans to a 24. I feel better, move better and I think look better Hang in there all you fellow slow losers we may not get there as fast as some but we'll get there just the same
Cathy I.
on 11/12/04 9:49 pm - Shelby Township, MI
Hi Sue, I am right there on the slow losers bench with you. It will be 4 months on Monday since my surgery,down 58lbs. I have not lost a pound for the last 4 weeks. It is starting to get me down. Just like you, I have gone down a couple of sizes, look and feel great and have had no complications from the surgery but of course want to see that scale keep moving. I keep telling myself that tomorrow will bring a loss, but it is getting harder and harder to believe it. Cathy I
samyrna
on 11/16/04 6:13 am - Sanford, MI
Boy ! I'm right there with you, didn't lose anythng for 4 weeks, then lost 6 lbs and this week gained 4, I have been craving salty things, and feel hungry a lot. I will try the water loading , to see if that helps. But I'm getting concerned. I also printed off the Pouch Rules for Dummies I had never heard of that, Thanks for all your support.
martigraw
on 11/12/04 11:16 pm - MUSKEGON, MI
I have lost 44 pounds since my surgery on July 20th. I have gone from a size 18/20 to 12/14. I look and feel much better but my goal was 80 pounds. I started at 215 pounds and now I am 171 pounds. At 5 feet 3 inches I think I should weigh around 135 or so. I exersize and try to eat right but sometimes both suffer from inconsistency.
suzeeq
on 11/13/04 5:11 am - Palmerton, PA
I know how ya feel. I've lost 50 pounds since surgery. Haven't had any problems and am very thankful for it. I have to keep reminding myself that I've never lost this ammount of weight in this ammount of time before and that it's gone for good! I kinda get discouraged when I read about the ones that have lost 100 pounds in this same ammount of time. I figure slow and steady has to be better for me than loosing that fast. I don't think our bodies were meant to loose so fast and still remain healthy. I guess as long as it keeps going down we should be thankful and know that we'll get there sooner or later. Thanks for posting about your slow weight loss. It makes me feel like I'm not alone after all....Hugs....Suzee
jewelcrown
on 11/13/04 8:04 am
I'm right there with you. Not only am I a slow loser, but I gained 1 lb. last week! I didn't get in a drop of exercise last week and my eating wasn't the greatest... so I can't complain too much... it's my own fault! I'm 4-1/2 months out and have lost 55 lbs. I too was a size 28/30 (actually a 32, but I kept squeezing into the other size). Now, I'm a 24/26 which feels pretty good, but I desparately want to be a size 8/10. I'm back on track with my eating and exercising, so I know I'll get there eventually!!! Hang in there slow losers... it's not how fast we run the race... it's the fact that we will finish the race!!
houstondoll
on 11/13/04 3:06 pm - Houston, TX
Hey all! I am a proud card carrying member of the SLC (slow losers club), but I am also happy that I am losing. I don't even remember when I lost this much weight... such a long long time ago.... But I am starting to get a little concerned because I went to a meeting in which it was mentioned that you generally start to slow down at the 6th month mar****oncerned because I am getting close to my 6th month and I am already slow....how slow do I need to go? I am ready to go and do the happy all the way to the normal sized stores ..... 303-241 (Working towards 230 )
Sue G.
on 11/13/04 4:37 pm - Aurora, NE
Don't worry about the 6th month mark HD all my research says that we can lose from 12 to 18 months so we still have 14 months to go!! also I'm friends with a women who had her surgery in 2002 she's lost over 200 pounds (started around 400) and told me the other day she still loses a pound or two every month so just keep doing what ya gotta do excercise,proteins,water and eating right you'll get down there.
Marcy B.
on 11/14/04 8:05 am - West Bloomfield, MI
I am also a member of the SLC- and my experiences seem the same as most of you. The pounds are off slow ( at last weigh in 2 1/2 weeks ago 39lbs) I will be at the 4 month mark next week. It still averages 10lbs per month. How many of us could lose that kind of weight before? Not me, thats for sure. I am down from 32-34 to in some cases 24-26 and I have lost tons of inches. Slow and steady wins the race. I am curious though, how many of us had any real problem digesting food. I think the really fast losers are the ones who are puking all of the time. I have only done that about 6 or 7 times and I guess slower weight loss is a small price to pay for not being sick all of the time. The days will turn into months and the ounces into pounds and before you know it we will all have reached our goals. Good luck everyone!
Sue G.
on 11/14/04 10:52 am - Aurora, NE
I throw up once in a while sometimes once a week or so. It's usually becuz I eat too fast --- don't chew things well enough--or the food is too dry (like Chicken)!! So I don't think that has any thing to do with how fast we lose. I'm not real sure why some lose faster than others but my Dr. doesn't seem to be worried so I'm not going to either. It's coming off and as long as it keeps doing that I don't care. We have actually only come a few months (4) next year on our anniversaries we'll be along with everyone else fast or slow... take care ... Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views