OK - Now I'm frustrated....

IrishIze
on 11/11/04 11:04 pm - NJ
For the past couple of weeks I have been going back and forth between 209 and 210 lbs. I'm trying to figure out the way to break the plateau, but nothing I do is working. Also, my weight loss really seems to have slowed down. In the past month I've only lost 7 lbs...heck, I did better than that on Weigh****chers! I log everything I eat on fitday.com and try to stay below 30 carbs a day and over 70 grams of protein. I get in at least 50 oz of water a day, not counting my protein drinks. I've tried upping my calories, protein and water. I've tried lowering my calories, protein and water. I've tried exercising. I've tried not exercising. Yes, I know there are some who will say I shouldn't be weighing every day, but since I have given up drinking, smoking and now with the WLS, a girl has to have SOME vice, doesn't she????? Anyone have any hints for breaking a plateau and speeding up the weight loss again??? Hugs, Nancy -67
Monna W.
on 11/12/04 12:16 am - Susanville, CA
Nancy, Both of us have had a lot of challenges since our surgeries. I had a plateau that lasted 6 weeks and that was after losing only about 40 lbs. Your body has to adjust to what you have lost. Now it seems that I plateau every 10 lbs. Don't give up. Just keep doing what your physician has told you to do and the weight loss will start again. Hang in there, girl. It will all work out. Monna 389/308/?
Deejay
on 11/12/04 12:18 am - Sparks, NV
I'm in the same boat Nancy. This sucks. I went from 198 to 195 in 3 days and then BAM. My period came and I went back to 197 and then today 196, but I was at 195 on 11/4 and I'm at 196 today??? I hate this! I'm sure its because of my period cuz I only have 4 a year due to the b/c I use and I haven't had one since surgery so I'm sure thats it. But damn. I usually go to Curves 4-5 days a week while my kids are in preschool but they go to year round and are off the month of Nov, so I haven't been able to go much this month. I'm buying a treadmill on Sunday so I can walk everyday! Sooooo annoyed. Maybe its just time to suffer a long plateau? I'll be praying for your scale to move tomorrow! Hugs, Deejay
JulesC
on 11/12/04 3:13 am - Spring Hill, TN
I'm on a bit of a plateau myself right now. I stay at the same weight then finally it will drop a bit. I think I need to up my protein, since I am still having trouble getting it all in. I drink plenty of water daily, but I am trying to increase that also. Good luck - keep staying the course and you will continue to lose. Jules
kberkihiser
on 11/12/04 6:18 am - Lancaster, PA
I'm stuck too - Still at 242! The only thing that gives me hope is I seem to lose inches or something. In the last 2 weeks I have been stuck at 242, but this week I went down another pant size and they are getting lose already. I wonder how this is possible when no numbers are dropping to coincide, but the clothes don't lie, do they? Kristy 306/242!!!!still!!!/165
(deactivated member)
on 11/13/04 12:09 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I've been stuck a lot lately. Sometimes it drives me nuts, but mostly I KNOW that I am not eating enough to maintain my current weight, so the fat is going to have to come off eventually. Have you tried lifting weights. even little hand weights? That's what my dietician suggested doing at my three month appointment (and it's funny, because I've lost less weight with the weight lifting and extra cardio than if I'd just done 30 minutes of cardio a couple of times a week). Or maybe you just need to alter your exercise plan a little, your body could be becoming efficient at your walking and needs a bit of a boost. Or maybe this is just what happens to us at four months. Who knows? We'll get there one day! Pamela -59
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views