Have you noticed?

C J.
on 11/11/04 5:18 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Hi all, I've noticed over the last several months that my weight loss seems to stall out at weights that I use to weigh for long periods of time. For example....At one point I weighed 216 for a couple of years...I stayed at 216 for a couple of weeks then quickly lost down to 200. I had been at 200 for a couple of years. This last few weeks I've been stalled at 185...the weight I was for many years..graduated high school at 185...got married at 185...probably weighed 185 for 15 years. Today I'm down to 180. I weighed 160 for a couple of years around 8th grade, wonder if I will stall out there? I remember reading a long ime about the body having "set-points" for weight and not wanting to go below the set points. I don't know if there is any validity to that.... Anyway, has anyone else noticed this? Hugs to our veterns and their families. CJ
IrishIze
on 11/11/04 7:36 am - NJ
I remember hearing something about your body wanting to be at certain weights at certain points in time and then striving to be that regardless of what you eat or don't eat. I've been losing very slowly lately - a bit frustrating, but considering I've lost 68 lbs in almost 4 months, I'll live with it.... Hugs, Nancy -68
jcordell
on 11/11/04 8:45 am - TX
Hi CJ, Yes, I have noticed and it is so weird! I seem to hit plateaus at old "set-point" weights as well. I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed this. The set-point theory has to do with the neuropsychology of weight control. This was rolled out several years ago, and makes a lot of sense. Our body's find a set point at which they feel comfortable, and it is difficult to trigger loss (hence the plateaus). Once you "break" the set point, you experience a period of loss, and then your body re-sets and you may be at that weight for a while. This is, of course, the most simple explanation, but it really is a fascinating theory. Jeff
jcordell
on 11/11/04 8:45 am - TX
Hi CJ, Yes, I have noticed and it is so weird! I seem to hit plateaus at old "set-point" weights as well. I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed this. The set-point theory has to do with the neuropsychology of weight control. This was rolled out several years ago, and makes a lot of sense. Our body's find a set point at which they feel comfortable, and it is difficult to trigger loss (hence the plateaus). Once you "break" the set point, you experience a period of loss, and then your body re-sets and you may be at that weight for a while. This is, of course, the most simple explanation, but it really is a fascinating theory. Jeff
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views