Hair Loss

apena
on 11/10/04 10:36 pm - Munster, IN
So I'm at my 3rd month, dropped 65lbs, everything is great but all of a sudden, out of the blue, I'm losing ALOT of hair, doctor said this is normal, just take more b vitamins and use a proten shampoo. He said it goes away, has anyone past this point and gotten to your hair being normal again?? Does it grow back??? Lemmie know!!!!
melissaross75
on 11/10/04 11:34 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
I heard that the 3rd and 4th month is when it starts and someone said they heard it slows down by month 6. I hope so, because my hair is falling out and it's definitely more than the 100 hairs a day that the "average" person loses!! More like 1000+. Handfuls in the shower when I'm rinsing and then when I get out of she shower and brush through my wet hair and blowdry. I spend about 35 minutes fighting these loose hairs all over the place. Picking them off my shirt and Swiffering the bathroom floor. It's very aggravating, but I heard it stops so I'm just crossing my fingers. Melissa
Vivi *.
on 11/10/04 11:46 pm - clermont, FL
My hair is falling too, which is freaking me out, cuz thinning hair runs in my family, so I keep thinking that it is not going to stop for me... So scared!!! -Flávia
bamasweetpea
on 11/10/04 11:54 pm - Fayetteville, NC
Yeap! Mine was falling out by the handfulls for about 3 weeks. I have REALLY thick hair so I was not TOO worried but it still bothered me alot. I mean running my fingers through my hair was a nightmare. I would get 10 to 12 hairs by the roots at a pop. I went and bought some Infusium 23 shampoo-$5 bucks a bottle at Wal-Mart--I'm a student so I am always broke! Over the last 3 days it has almost completely stopped comming out. I dont know if it was the shampoo or if it was something else. My hair feels better though. Let me know if you find something else because it might start again you never know.
melissaross75
on 11/11/04 12:06 am - Cottage Grove, MN
I use the Infusium 23 conditioner, but not the shampoo. Is there something special about that shampoo that would benefit me?
bamasweetpea
on 11/11/04 1:18 am - Fayetteville, NC
I dont know. I switched from the Pantein Pro-V to the Infusium 23 for damaged hair. There is a difference in my hair coming out I dont know if it is from the shampoo or something else.
Deejay
on 11/11/04 2:30 am - Sparks, NV
Mine's falling out in GOBS too. My shower looks like I brushed a horse tail in it after every shower. Its very scary. My hair grows soooo fast though and I'm already seeing new growth at the back of my part, I look like Alfalfa right now.
PURESWEETS
on 11/11/04 9:08 pm - PHILADELPHIA, PA
MY HAIR WAS FALLING TOO,, I WENT TO SALLY'S AND GOT A SHAMPOO AND A WEEKLY TREATMENT CALL FOLICURE AND IT WORKS FOR ME.
kberkihiser
on 11/12/04 6:28 am - Lancaster, PA
Me too! The past few weeks my shower looks like the part in the Monsters Inc movie where they shave the hairy monster with the sock stuck to his back ARRRGGGHHH when I get done! The last 2 days it has slowed some, I got my hair chopped bc the top of my head was showing scalpy bald spots and I got it highlighted bc apparently a lighter color draws attention away from the fact it is thinning. The good thing is I read that color helps to keep hair from coming out because the color swells the hair and holds it in better. I have noticed the only hairs I am losing since the highlights are the dark ones. I am still using nioxin shampoo, I am about to try protien shock for it. I am taking vitimins for hair, skin, and nails. I had a B-12 shot yesterday. Getting my iron checked this coming week. It hase decrease some since I got it cut though! Hoping something works, not much left to lose!!! the good news is the stylist already sees new hair growing in! It all does grow back, just hoping I don't have to wear a wig while it does! Kristy B 306/242 /165
SpyderS
on 11/13/04 3:22 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Before I had this surgery, I read and read and read. I read over and over again about gobs of hair falling out at the 2-5 month mark. It does nothappen right away after surgery... rather months later. The answer... DRINK YOUR PROTEIN EVERYDAY.... at LEAST 70 grams of it. Your hair and nails are made of protein. When you have surgery, you are malabsorbing protein like crazy -- so you have to put it back in... or, you will loose your hair. I have been drinking at least 90 grams of protein since 4 weeks BEFORE my surgery and every day since. That's 90 grams of protein plus what I get in my food --- which is not much. I have not shed one hair anywhere. As a matter of facgt, my hair is getting curly! Save your money on shampoos and conditioners. Your hair loss is systematic --- topical treatments like shampoos will have no effect at all. Nice thing about hair loss from WLS is that YOUR HAIR WILL GROW BACK. Often it grows back different that it was pre-surgery. Like me, my hair has alwasy been poker straight and thick. Now, it is getting curly - nappy, and as thick as ever. You have to drink protein for the rest of your life - or at least have an intake of 70+ grams a day. Calcium is the same way. If your body does not have sufficent calcium, it will leech it right out of your bones. I do not want osteoprosis later in life so I take 2,000 mgs of calcium CITRATE a day. Spyder - 357/284; -73 pounds
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views