Breakfast?

Shelly H C.
on 11/10/04 1:23 am - New Castle, DE
hey everyone, I am wondering about your breakfast meals. I have gotten to the point where I hate eating breakfast. I rather have a protein shake or have an apple, with 2 TBSP of peanut butter. For some reason, I just can't stand Breakfast anymore. When I first had the surgery, eggs w/ cheese had become my best friend. I got tired of the eggs and found it hard to make good choices with protein etc.. Before surgery, I ate cereal all the time for breakfast. Could you give me some ideas of what you generally eat for breakfast? Thanks ~Shelly
bamasweetpea
on 11/10/04 1:58 am - Fayetteville, NC
I dont have time for breakfast usually. I then sometimes make bad decisions. I have now started sometimes bringing string cheese 8 grams protein in 1 stick, atkins protein bar with 26 grams protein--Takes me awhile to eat it-the chocolate cream pie is okay. Do you like Oatmeal? You can mix unflavored protein powder with it.
IrishIze
on 11/10/04 2:25 am - NJ
I have a very grumpy little pouchie, so first thing in the morning I have a cup of tea. When I get to work around 8 AM I have 6 oz. of Carb Countdown Yogurt Smoothie with 3/4 of a scoop of Isopure 0 Carb protein powder for 27 grams of protein. It takes a while for my tummy to warm up to the new day, and I've found that this is a good way for me to start!! Hugs, Nancy -68
Debra O.
on 11/10/04 4:07 am - Chino, CA
I usually just do water and my protien drink for breakfast. sometimes I will have 1/2 of a string cheese, or some egg salad. ~Debra
susan C.
on 11/10/04 4:14 am - vicksburg, MS
hey shelly the wonderful thing about this is now you can eat whatever you want, within reason, for breakfast. i hate breakfast foods. taste like cardboard or sawdust. now i can eat cheese and deli ham, shrimp, or whatever i feel like. as long as you get the protein and the good stuff, eat what you want susan
Shelly H C.
on 11/10/04 7:11 am - New Castle, DE
Thanks for all of your responses. I wanted to get a feeling for what everyone else was doing for breakfast. I will keep doing the protein shakes for now. It actually help, especially since I am already running late. I can drink my shake while on the train or driving to the train station for work. Thanks again. ~Shelly
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/04 9:49 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I have never really been a breakfast person, unless I was eating toast with peanut butter and jelly. These days, I usually eat 1oz of cheese (usually light string cheese...it has the most protein), with very thinly sliced ham or turkey. Most other breakfast foods don't sit well with me...I can't handle cereal at all! You'd think I'd get bored with my breakfast selection, but to be perfectly honest, I love cheese and look forward to when I can eat it for a meal. Pamela -59
sradcli74
on 11/10/04 11:24 pm
Hi Shelly, I start my day pretty early (4:30 am) so I usually do the snapple a day drinks because, which are vitamin fortified and have 7 grams of protein and I take my vitamins along with this drink becuse it puts something on my stomach and I can't figure any other way to take my medicine with food. If I am out of the snapple I will do a yogurt smoothie or a protein drink. Later in the morning I will have the cereal, because I really like cereal. I have the Atkins Morning Start Cereals which come in BlueBerry, Bannana Crunch, and Almond. They are packed with protein between 12 and 15 grams for a 1oz bowl. I don't put the milk over the cereal, I have two bowls, get a spoon of milk and drop the cereal in the spoon, otherwise the cereal will go soggy before I finish, because I eat so slow. Good Luck. PS I think I figured out why I never felt satisfied last week, it was PMS cravings, its the first time I've had them since surgery, so when I finally figured it out, it was such a revelation.
Vivi *.
on 11/11/04 2:08 am - clermont, FL
OMG, I just went thru the same, I was a bottomless pit for 2 days and finally I had my period, and then the cravings went away... -Flávia
Vivi *.
on 11/10/04 11:50 pm - clermont, FL
I usually have low carb toast w/ cream cheese... It's a good source of fiber and not too many carbs! You can also put p-nut butter on the toast if you are tired of the cheese... -Flávia
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views