Help!!! Knot in my leg-

TraciMac
on 11/9/04 7:51 am - THE STAR CITY, VA
Some of you are aware of the fact that I recently had a cast removed from my left leg. They gave me a boot to wear that actually hits 3" below the knee. NOW THIS IS ON THE FRONT OF MY LEG--- I have a knot that has developed between my knee and the brace. Its about the size of an egg, tender to the touch. I had my surgery over 14 weeks ago and I don't think it could be a clot but I am not sure what to do. The doctor on call acted real stupid and said...'huh, you can wait and call the dr in the morning or just go to the er.'.... Any advice would be greatly appreciated... Traci Mac 07/22/04 307/240/175
carbfreecathy
on 11/9/04 12:52 pm - Michigan City, IN
Hi Tracy, It is now 10:44PM here in Indiana and I hope that by now you've been to the ER where they can assess whether or not it is a blood clot. They have an easy way to evaluate it and it could be life threatening so go get it looked at. I'm not a doctor so can't give professional advice but I took myself to the ER when I had a large knot behind my lower leg, in my calf, and they did an ultrasound test and determined it was a hematoma, a bruise. I was in pain and it was about the size of an egg too. I've no idea how I got it. Better safe than sorry and insurance covered the ER exam since it might have been life threatening. Cathy
IrishIze
on 11/9/04 9:20 pm - NJ
Traci, I'm sorry but I have no answer for you, but I did want to say that it's probably better to err on the side of caution and get it checked out right away. Hope everything works out fine, and please let us know how you make out. Hugs, Nancy -68
TraciMac
on 11/10/04 11:03 pm - THE STAR CITY, VA
Thanks for all the emails of concern... the verdict is in and I saw the doctor this morning.... Bursitis in the joint below my leg is causing the swelling... Thats great news for me... thanks again.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views