Quick/Easy Meals

LTruesdale1980
on 11/9/04 6:51 am - Orange Grove, TX
Okay. . .I live with my parents. . . They pretty much eat nothing but chicken breasts . . .I have found that chicken breats (even Tysons chicken patties) rarely settle with me. . .do not know why but they do not. I generally end up having pain, even after two bites. Anyway, since this is what they eat and I am not always allowed to cook my own meals (they have this thing about others cooking in their kitchen) any recommendations of quick things to eat? I tried corn dogs for the second time( I know I know but when you want something other than cereal or have no fixings for chalupas. . .) I am off of soups, salads I can eat (even at 3 months) but stay away due to the lack of protein, unless its caesar I am trying to find something that is good (do not want to wear out the weigh****cher meals) with lots of protein and easy to make. Any ideas???? Lisa
IrishIze
on 11/9/04 11:17 am - NJ
I can't do chicken either, so you're not alone. How about a nice cheesy omelet? Or how about making a turkey meatloaf for the family? If your parents don't want you to do that, how about turkey meatballs - I get mine at Trader Joe's and it's one of the few meats I can actually eat. Other than that, tuna salad, egg salad or deviled eggs are pretty easy and non-invasive in the kitchen! Good luck! Hugs, Nancy -68
Patsy G.
on 11/9/04 11:36 am - GA
Beans are great. They can be easily heated in the microwave. Black beans, baked beans...ect. Look in the bean isle at the store. I love to cook lentils. They are very high in protein.
Sue G.
on 11/9/04 1:47 pm - Aurora, NE
If all else fails I have eaten protein bars just to get in the protein I need. They taste awful (all the ones I have tried) and you have to be careful some have a lot of carbs. I have also gotten some low fat mayo and chopped up the chicken and made like chicken salad. My problem with chicken is that it's usually so dry and it's come up on me a few times. Your parents should be supporting you in this !! shame on them !!
Dawn H.
on 11/9/04 9:40 pm - Jersey CIty, NJ
HI I just hate to cook so here are my choices Hormel turkey chili in the can Thin slice Turkey cold cuts tuna cheeze Protien shakes and bars Cottage cheeze Carb countdown yougurt Good luck ! Dawn
(deactivated member)
on 11/9/04 11:31 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
String cheese wrapped in turkey...for 90 calories, I can get in 15g of protein with just 1oz of each. You can also find high protein cheeses in a variety of types...swiss, provolone, cheddar... Wiegh****chers/Lean Cuisine/Healthy Choice microwave meals. For the most part, their calorie count is decent, fat is reasonable, and protein runs between 12 and 15g. You might not be able to eat a whole meal, or you might freak out when you can...but it's an option. Tuna salad...you can make it however you want pretty quickly, and one can should last three or four meals. You can eat it on low-carb bread, with crackers, on a whole-wheat pita, or with a spoon. Tuna is my best friend these days! Check to see how quickly you are eating the chicken, or how big your bites are. If it's PAINFUL, but doesn't make you throw up, more than likely, you're doing too much at once. Sometimes I have that problem if I'm not careful. SMALL bites, and rest a moment between bites! Good luck! Pamela -59
deeno
on 11/11/04 10:37 pm - Kokomo, IN
You might check the health food section in the grocery store. My husband and I discovered these potato chip like snacks called "soy teins". They are a little high in fat, but not too bad, and are protein fortified. Not really meant for a meal, but a good protein snack. I'm a picky eater and these taste great--I actually like them better than regular potato chips (less greasy). I also had trouble with chicken at the start. Fish seems to go down much easier. It sits more lightly in my stomach. If your mom and dad are baking chicken, perhaps they could toss a frozen fish square (Gorton's, non breaded are good) in the oven at the same time. Diana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views