***HERNIA HELP***

Naaazah
on 11/8/04 8:25 am - Killeen, TX
I saw the nurse practioner today. I have been having minor pain nothing big around my incision area. I told her about it and she felt on my tummy and noticed a small hernia. she scheduled meto follow up with the dr next week. my question to you guys is , is this serious? ive been doing so well and not getting sick and having problems. ive lost 69lbs. i just dont understand what ive done wrong. help, i dont know what to expect. i hope i dont have to go through that tramatic type of surgery again. anyone else out there have a hernia and know whats next for me?
IrishIze
on 11/9/04 12:35 am - NJ
Shameka, I'm sorry you've developed a hernia. I don't think it's all that uncommon, but I'm not sure. Maybe you should ask this on the main board where there is much more experience with this. Hope everything turns out ok for you...keep us posted. Hugs, Nancy -68
sradcli74
on 11/9/04 3:12 am
Hi Shameka, I'm sorry to hear that you have developed a hernia. But I believe that it is pretty common. My doctor said that a lot of people wait to get them repaired because the insurance company is more likely to pay for plastic surgery, when there is also hernia repair. I hope everything goes well.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views