soooooo discouraged!!!

cindy m.
on 11/8/04 6:49 am - Trenton, MO
Hi Everyone!! I haven't lost any weight for the past 2 1/2- 3 weeks!! I am so scared that its not just a plateau I've hit but the weight loss has stopped!!! Can that be so?? Could there be something wrong???? I have increased my protein, watched my calories, don't eat anything that I shouldn't including breads, rice, pasta & sweets, trying to get all my fluids in......but nothing I even started back at work last week but the scale has not budged!! My surgeon moved across the states to the east coast now so I can't call him for advice or follow up. (which I am not too happy about) I know that I have done good prior to this plateau....I've lost 72 lbs, feel soooo much better and look better but I have soooooooooo much more to loose. My husband and family are very supportive & think I am doing great and tell me not to worry but ugh how can I not?!?!?! Does anyone have any advice or info that can help me overcome this hopefully just a plateau? or know if this could be it in the loss?? I am so worried this is all I about think of lately but feel so helpless. Thank you Hugs ~Cindy~ 352/280/140ish
(deactivated member)
on 11/8/04 7:34 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I'm in the same boat as you. Scale hasn't moved in over a week. I know that I don't always make the best food choices, but for the most part, I am under 1000 calories and get in all of my protein, as well as exercise at least 3 times a week. I know that my scale will start moving soon...I'm pretty sure that my body is getting smaller, so I figure the scale will follow suit eventually. Good luck! Pamela 352/295/healthy BMI
Julianne L.
on 11/8/04 7:55 am - Las Vegas, NV
Dear Cindy, I am not sure, but I am offering you up in my prayers. You are doing so well! Please don't get discouraged... Our bodies have been thru so much in the past few months! Give yourself time to get used to the changes! Bask in the glow of a 72 lb weight loss, for Gosh sake!!! Besides, if you lose to fast, you skin will get so baggy... Take it easy, and enjoy each phase of this journey! Remember, stress is no good for weight loss, either. Bless you, and the best of luck! Julianne 255/192/150
Sue G.
on 11/8/04 9:43 am - Aurora, NE
I agree your body is resting you've come so far so fast cut yourself and your body some slack the scale will move again try measuring from week to week instead of just weighing. I haven't lost much in the past few weeks either only a pound... but my clothes have gotten a lot bigger especially in the seat and thigh area and some in the waist. They say we can lose from 12 to 18 months and a friend of mine had her surgery 2 years ago and she still drops a pound now and then so we have time just enjoy where your at and relax Sue
DEBI
on 11/9/04 5:26 am - Indianapolis, IN
Hi.....by definition....a plateau is no weight loss in 4-6 weeks...you are far enough out now that you should be basing your loss monthly instead of weekly. It is just going to slow down and it's hard to adjust after such fast weight in the beginning. I was stuck in the 240's for 5 weeks....1 pound a week 2 weeks in a row...but this week the scales went flying down. My doctor says my body just had to catch up with the loss and to not be concerned unless the scale goes in the other direction...heaven forbid....lol. Also, look into local support group meetings in your area...they are free and generally anyone can attend...it usually doesn't have to be with your original surgeon. You will need to find another weight loss surgeon in your area anyhow for future follow-ups. You still have labs that have to be run for the rest of your life to make sure you are not malnurished and all that jazz. So keep your head up and smile....your body is adjusting and as long as you are following the diet prescribed by your surgeon....you will loose the weight. RNY 7/28/04 296/235/140
carbfreecathy
on 11/9/04 12:59 pm - Michigan City, IN
Hi Cindy, Did you take your measurements pre-op? Lots of us have found that even if the weight loss stops the inches keep shrinking. I've kept track, monthly on the anniversary date of my surgery, of weight loss and inches lost (neck, upper arm, bust, waist, hips, upper thigh, calf.) It's an interesting study but keeps me sane when the scale stalls, as it did recently for 4 weeks. I'm glad I could see some change in inches when the scale stalled. Cathy
deeno
on 11/11/04 10:13 pm - Kokomo, IN
I've had my moments where the scale is stuck. Well, the scale finally moved today, but in the WRONG direction! I weighed myself yesterday (222) and I ate right, exercised, drank my water....Weighed in today at 228 for a gain of 6 unexplainable pounds overnight. So, you can imagine my devistation at seeing that. Man, yesterday I could just FEEL my pants getting looser, and I was sure I had broken my plateau. I was expecting to see 220 on the scale this morning, but saw 228 instead. What a blow. For some reason, my body chose to gain. I did everything right, so I'm not getting down on myself. But, I agree, it is so hard to be patient when we have all been through so much with this life changing surgery. So, I'll probably weigh myself tomorrow just to see what's going on, and then stay off the scale for a few days. Good luck to all (especially me) Diana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views