Thanksgiving Plans???

IrishIze
on 11/8/04 12:12 am - NJ
I have been thinking about Thanksgiving coming up soon. My niece and her husband have it at their house, and they know about my surgery so it shouldn't be a problem, but there are other people coming who don't know and who I don't intend to tell. Anyway, first of all I'm wondering about what I can eat because as of yet, I can't tolerate turkey. I can eat turkey meatballs or turkey meatloaf, but how weird would that be for me to show up and eat a meatball on Turkey Day?? Also, my teensy portions and cutting my food up like you would for a two-year old...very noticable I would think. I'm planning on making a 'sugar-free' cheesecake that I got a recipe for on the main board so that I can have a bit of a treat for dessert. I've already spoken to my niece and we've decided to start a few new traditions and play games and go for a walk after dinner rather than stuffing our faces the whole day. Are any of you experiencing anxiety over the upcoming holidays and the eating involved or how about anyone with helpful hints? Hugs, Nancy -67
Debra O.
on 11/8/04 5:32 am - Chino, CA
no anxiety here. Im not stresing over the food. I am cooking our normal Thanksgiving meal at my house. I will just in advance make sure I've got my protien drinks in , and i'll eat whatever I feel like eating for 1 day. I'm excited for Thanksgiving, because I love too cook, and that hasnt changed since WLS. ~Debra~ 270~197~140
(deactivated member)
on 11/8/04 6:01 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
No anxiety here for me. Both my family and my husband's family know about my surgery, so I don't have anything to worry about as far as that's concerned. Actually, we're probably having dinner OUT. Thanksgiving has never been very big for both my family and my husband's family. We tend to spend all our energies on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and head to a restaraunt for Thanksgiving. It's just as well...I don't really care for turkey, and would hate to be stuck with leftovers for weeks! Pamela
joniliz2
on 11/8/04 9:02 am - NORTH HAVEN, CT
RNY on 07/02/04 with
Haven't had time to think about the holidays..foodwise anyway. Those are great suggestions regarding a walk and playing games! Was thinking about getting the DVD game Scene IT for movies and we can all play along. The seniors will get a kick out of it too! Joanie
TJ B.
on 11/8/04 11:53 am - Texarkana, AR
No I am not worried about it. Most of the people that I have been around that notice my eating habits have comments that "You must be ont he Atkins diet". I just let them keep on believing it. I plan on making a sugar free pumpkin bread and deviled eggs. Of course I plan on turkey and ham as well. With all of this maybe I will be able to stay away from the dressing. Tj Brown
Lalocaweta
on 11/8/04 12:21 pm - Spicewood, TX
My family is known for NO planning....I tried to get my brother and mother to talk with me today about who is going to do what - they told me it was too soon to decide - and to wait another 2 weeks...(It takes my family 2 hrs to decide where to go out to eat at....Get the idea?) But - everyone knows I had the surgery - so no problems there...As to what I am going to eat...I can't do turkey either - not sure what I will eat....Maybe just all carbs... (JUST KIDDING PEOPLE!!!) I am going to make my famous chocolate chip pecan pie...Can't eat it...But I don't miss sweets that much...I miss my carbs..... Anne
IrishIze
on 11/9/04 2:42 am - NJ
Anne, I really miss my carbs too, and I do plan on having some mashed potatoes and giblet gravy for my T'giving dinner. Tonight I'm trying Carb-Fit (by DeBoles) rotini pasta. For a 1/2 cup serving it is 100 calories, 8.5 carbs, 4 fiber (so that makes 4.5 net carbs) and 13 grams of protein. It probably tastes like S#%*, but it's worth a try. I'm going to add a little shrimp and a touch of pink vodka sauce and see how I do. (Who am I kidding, every time I plan to try something like this my pouchie says: and off to the sink I go). Oh well, can't blame a girl for trying!! Hugs, Nancy -68
wlwav
on 11/9/04 8:14 am - Pine Hill, NJ
Hi Nancy, Thanksgiving will be good for me because my mother-in-law makes an Italian Thanksgiving with escarole soup, meatballs and raviolis and then turkey and all the fixings, so I guess I will be eating a meatball and salad. Happy Thanksgiving to you. Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views