Ice cold water!

blister
on 11/6/04 9:13 pm - Charlotte, NC
Did you know that you burn more calories if you drink your liquids ice cold? Yup! Because when the cold water hits your tummy it triggers your metabolism to speed up to keep your internal organs at a certain temp. So if you drink most of your liquids ice cold you will burn 150-300 more calories a day! Cheers! Susan
Ann M.
on 11/6/04 11:53 pm - Norwich, CT
Susan, I had never heard of this before. Where did you get this info? I can't drink plain water at all...it still hurts all the way down and when it hits my pouch it cramps up. I used to drink LOADS of water before the surgery...am looking forward to being able to do so again. Ann 77lbs GONE!
blister
on 11/7/04 12:13 am - Charlotte, NC
When I bought my Treadclimber I recieved a booklet with it on diet and exercise. It explained this in that booklet. It makes sense. When the internal organ are cold the blood rushes around them to warm them up. So your arms and legs do not get as much blood flow, all of the blood goes to protect you organs. This is why when people get frostbite it is always on their arms or legs. Straight from the book it says: Ice cold water/ fluid requires calories to warm it up to core body temperature. In facct 1 gallon of ice cold water generates 300 calories of heat energy. So even if you have trouble drinking water try your other liquids ice cold to get a few more calories burned. Cheers! Susan
Patima
on 11/7/04 4:57 am - GA
Before my surgery I could drin**** water and super cold drinks all day long. But since my surgery I still can't drink icy cold drinks. I either drink cool drinks or room temperature. Warm drinks are fine, too. So unless I am wanting a good old "pouch ache" I stay away from icy cold stuff. Patti
wlwav
on 11/9/04 8:16 am - Pine Hill, NJ
Hi Susan, I am glad to hear that because I love to have my drinks ice cold. They taste so much better ice cold. Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views