Is anyone tired....I mean TIRED !!!!!!!!!!!!

on my W.
on 11/6/04 7:32 am - Canada
Hello Everyone, I have been sooooo tired this last week that I don't know what is going on. Has anyone else experince complete fatigue? I have no energy after lunchtime and even getting up in the morning is harder for me. I am not sick...I don't know what is going on but when I say tired...I mean I am just dragging it. Any thoughts from you July people...I'm getting my protein and the wl is great so far...down 71 pounds....I just think about sleeping all the time. Help if you can. Karen.
lily K.
on 11/6/04 8:21 am - brockton, MA
dear on my way, have you had your iron checked? fatigue is a sign of low iron and low iron can be a problem with post op WLS. call your doctor, i know when i was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, one of my symptoms was fatigue, so don't wait go see your dr!! lilykate
Janette
on 11/6/04 2:03 pm - Peoria, AZ
I also was feeling severe fatigue and sure enough VERY LOW iron..I am on over 100mg a day now and still might need it IV if it does not increse...talk to your Dr...
Ann M.
on 11/7/04 12:44 am - Norwich, CT
I have more energy than I know what to do with! I do go to bed earlier than I ever did before though...but I also get up earlier...even on weekends! Are you taking B12? That's critical in processing iron. Talk to your doctor...it doesn't sound right. Ann 77 lbs GONE!
dana W.
on 11/7/04 5:35 am - fort worth, tx
hey u,, sorry u r not to par,,, but what abt the iron and vitm..? r u doing as u shld with those? if u r,, maybe u need more grams...i was tired like that right aft 12 or 1pm but now i doing good,, and plus i exercise and drink plenty of water...try that if u havent dana
carbfreecathy
on 11/7/04 7:56 am - Michigan City, IN
Hi Karen, When did your surgeon last check your labs? It should show what you are low in and can be corrected. If you are no longer under your surgeon's care your PCP should know what to test you for and how often. Supplements will always be a vital part of our lives from here on out so don't drag your feet on getting your labs done. Ultimately you are responsible for being pro-active in your post op care. Sometimes there are no symptoms to defeciencies in vits/mins. I felt fine but my 2 month labs showed I was low in Potassium and Iron. Glad we caught it before I did begin to show symptoms. Cathy Open RNY 7/26/04 302/244/145
CAROL H.
on 11/7/04 11:06 pm - FAIRBORN, OH
Oh my gosh! You took the words right out of my mouth!!! Just in the past couple of weeks I have been feeling the EXACT same way! I feel drained. I called my Dr.'s office just this morning and she faxed me an order for some bloodwork. A cbc and something else. The only thing I can attibute this sudden feeling of exhaustion to is maybe not enough protein. I was getting between 40 and 60 g. per day. So just yesterday I started adding one Atkins shake a day (20 g.). I know it's an extra 190 calories, but I have to do something and I can't stand those whey products. I take b-12 pills every day, but I hear that the shots are a lot better. Maybe after the blood results she'll recommend them. If you come up with any solutions, let me know
jenniferwheeler
on 11/8/04 1:00 pm - PA
Hi, Talk to your Doc about getting a B-12 shot. I have been getting a B-12 shot since I was 3 or 4 weeks post op and my Doc gives a B-12 shot to everyone every 4 to 6 weeks to every single post-op pait. I can always tell when I am due for my shot because I get so sleepy . My mom also had WLS 2 years ago and she also gets a B-12 shot every 4 to 6 weeks. It makes you feel so much better.... Good luck to you! Jen lap 7/7/04 -61 lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views