Safely cardioverted

Monna W.
on 11/5/04 10:09 am - Susanville, CA
I just got home from the hospital and my cardoversion. I was in for three days and had medication first to try to convert to a sinus rhythm. I did not work so this afternoon I received an electric shock and converted on the first try. I had Versed so I was pretty much out of it, but I remember it hurt and I have a slight burn on my chest where the pad was. The worst part of the entire stay was not getting enough protein. I could not get them to bring me a protein snack on a regular basis and I couldn't eat as much food as they put on my tray. I am glad the ordeal is over. Tomorrow is my 4 month marker and time to measure again. My earlobes are getting skinny. Monna -80 lbs
Sue G.
on 11/5/04 12:55 pm - Aurora, NE
Wow what an experience... I had double by-pass heart surgery in 2000 and three stents last year and this sounds much worse !! Hope things continue to get better for you take care !!
Monna W.
on 11/6/04 11:15 am - Susanville, CA
This procedure was nothing compared to cardiac bypass! I was out for about 5 minutes and was so simple. The hardest part was the waiting for 3 days in the hospital until the cardiologist decided the medication was not going to work. It was so boring! Thanks for your concern. Monna
IrishIze
on 11/5/04 10:30 pm - NJ
Monna, I'm glad you came through successfully, but sorry it was painful. Let us know how many inches you've lost. I measured twice, and I think it's time to measure again. Hugs, Nancy -67
Monna W.
on 11/6/04 11:13 am - Susanville, CA
I didn't get measured today--my daughter was busy with her son so I will measure tomorrow. Just one day off is okay. Monna
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views