***PROTIEN***

angelamassey
on 11/5/04 7:08 am - Jonesboro, GA
Yuck, could not tolerate the Isopure at all, however I do luuuuvvvvv the Chocolate Carb Countdown milk. It is about $2.50 for a half gallon and if you drink 8 oz. glass it is 24 grams of protein. It is cheap and it taste like good ole chocolate milk. As a matter of fact I have a hard time keeping it in the fridge coz husband drinks it like crazy....It is by far the best thing I have tried .....and the cheapest. Yummmmmm! Angela
Debra O.
on 11/6/04 7:15 am - Chino, CA
I guess each of us are different, because the carb countdown drink grosses me out...yuck!!!
Heather M.
on 11/5/04 10:00 pm - Kirtland AFB, NM
What I have found that works for me is every morning I have a nice big cup of coffee with a scoop of unflavored or chocolate Unjury in it and then if I need to supplement again before the day is through I have a Chewy Chocolate Peanut Snickers Marathon Bar. I don't even feel like I'm having to force protein in myself. Heather
Debra O.
on 11/5/04 11:16 pm - Chino, CA
You should make sure that it doesnt break down the protien by adding it to a hot beverage. I have heard alot on the main message board that alot of protiens, when added to something hot breaks down the protien, and it doesnt work the same anymore. Coffee also depletes the water out of your body, so if you are having coffee everyday, you arent getting as much water as you think. ~Debra
MinnieMia
on 11/6/04 10:19 am - SC
It only changes the texture of the protein, not the protein part. I was concerned about this, too, but right on the back of the Unjury container it says it's okay! You're right about the caffeine, though!
Heather M.
on 11/7/04 2:25 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
I talked to the people at Unjury (Jerome). The only problem you might have adding the protein powder to a hot liquid is it might change it's texture. An example is when you cook an egg. The texture changes but the protein doesn't. I have never had a problem with the texture changing when I add it to my coffee. I also let the coffee cool a little bit before I add it too. Sometimes the unflavored seems to make the coffee a little foaming on the top but that just makes it kinda like a cappuccino (?sp). He said you could even cook with Unjury as long as you knew that the texture could change altering your results. As for my water intake because of the coffee I drink 80+ oz. of water a day. Heather
Patima
on 11/7/04 4:55 am - GA
Debra, I agree with you. I just love the Isopure Zero Carb in the bottle. I don't care for the Apple Melon or the Punch flavor, but I love the Icy Orange and Grape! I drink 1/2 a bottle in the morning and 1/2 in the afternoon. They are also great on the go. I don't go to GNC, but I have found them at a store called Discount Nutrition and they are only $2.40 a bottle. You can even buy them by the case and he allows you to mix and match! On the go one day I forgot my Isopure on the kitchen counter. I stoped at a Pumping Iron place which caters to weight lifters and would you believe I found a bottle of my favorite Grape Frost there! I still love my Isopure Dutch Chocolate powder with soy milk and either 1/2 banana or peanut butter as a great treat! Patti
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views