Little Stomach Aches and Pains

Ashley S.
on 11/4/04 4:21 am - Anywhere, US
And they're very distracting too! They come at the wierdest times, sometimes after I eat, sometimes a few hours after I eat. It's almost a sticking pain, and at other times it's just a dull ache. How long before I'm totally healed? I'm going into my eighth week, and I want to paint my house, but I don't think I'm supposed to be stretching until my pouch and belly are fully healed. Anyone else finding themselves restricted by these aches and pains? Johanna
jcordell
on 11/4/04 12:55 pm - TX
Johanna, I am over 3 months post, and I have suffered with this more recently than I did right after my surgery. It freaks me out, because I always worry about bad stuff...a leak, kinked bowel, etc. So I go through a couple days of pain and then it goes away, but it always comes back! All the doc can say is "that's normal", but much like you, I wanna know when they will STOP! My doc released me for full everything after 10 weeks. Good luck! Hope you feel better soon! Jeff -81
Ashley S.
on 11/4/04 8:52 pm - Anywhere, US
Thanks Jeff! I think I'm going togo in and have a discussion with my doctor. He's a trauma surgeon and his specialty is gastrointestional surgery, so I think he should be able to give me better answers than "that's normal," don't you?:smile: All in all, I think that I'm pretty fortunate to have this doctor. For him to already have specialty knowledge of the gastrointestinal system, AND a trauma surgeon means that he should know more than most. I'm going to call today. I'll let you know what happens. Johanna
Debbie M.
on 11/5/04 1:43 pm - Oak Park, CA
Something I identified about a month ago, is that when I get stressed my stomach hurts. The 1st few times I couldn't pin point what was wrong; even went to local ER. Then I had a really negative call with a client & within minutes of hanging up, I was in a lot of pain. If I can take some time to relax, it goes away. Otherwise, it just intensifies. The time I went to the ER, they sent me home & said to just take some of my left over pain medicine. So that's what I do when I really need relief. However, my doctor isn't too pleased with that approach; says he's got me off food as a stress reliever but on narcotics now...not our goal
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views