Plateaus. . .

LTruesdale1980
on 11/4/04 12:56 am - Orange Grove, TX
When did you guys start hitting plateaus and how long did they last? I am little over 3 months and I think I have hit one. Lisa
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 11/4/04 1:15 am - MD
in my sencond month i hit one for 1 1/2 weeks and again in again in my 3rd month it seems whenever i am near my cycle i platatue for almost tweo weeks and then the weight drops crazy the next two weeks and so on its so weird HUgs Jessica 299/225/145 -74 80 more to go
Geri
on 11/4/04 2:04 am - Watsonville, CA
Hi Lisa, I'm on one now. Since last week I can not get past 215 lbs. I will let you know how long it takes to break it.
melissaross75
on 11/4/04 3:55 am - Cottage Grove, MN
I've going up and down the same 2-3 pounds since October 1st. I know if I just focus more on exercise and water it will work itself out so I'm not getting too excited about it. I'd rather wait until after Christmas to have to buy new clothes again so I kinda hope I don't loose too much before then or I'll be down another size... Melissa
on my W.
on 11/4/04 4:11 am - Canada
Hi Lisa, I hit one at 2 months for 12 days or so and they key was to up the protein and just keep on making good choices. I thought I would never move the scales and I know as sure as I am typing this ...you are wondering about what you can do and when the scales will move...DON'T WORRY....look at the total for the month...when it is all said and done you will find that some weeks you don't drop as much as others but at the end of the month you will be fine...more than fine...you will be quite happy. If you are covering the basics...water, protein, fitness then food choices just be patient. One of these days you will be down 4 pounds overnight and jump for joy. I read that in a post in my second month and say "ya right" but it is the truth. Keep smiling... Karen 290 - 119- 145.
Deejay
on 11/4/04 4:56 am - Sparks, NV
I usually go one week with no loss or maybe a pound and then I lose 3-5 in the next week. THis is like clockwork, only every other week I really lose. Technically they don't consider it a plateau unless its 4 weeks or more, I think its just normal to have little downtimes where we catch up from the previous week of loss for awhile. You can probably guarantee your losing inches when not lbs though, I always do. Hope it moves for you right away! Deejay 257/195/150 -62
JulesC
on 11/4/04 9:07 pm - Spring Hill, TN
At around 3 months I was on one for about 2 weeks. Then I dropped about 3-5 lbs seemingly overnite. I tend to go without loss and then drop a chunk - just the way my body seems to do it. Jules
Boomkat G.
on 11/7/04 9:33 pm - Magnolia, TX
I am 15 weeks out exactly today and for the past week and 1/2 I've been stuck at the same weight. This was my first "plateau" and I added a protein drink into my diet daily and in the 2 days I've had one, I've lost a pound a day. So hopefully I'm on the losing track again!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views