Why does plain water hurt?

sradcli74
on 11/3/04 10:38 pm
Hey does anyone have the answer to this? I find that if I drink my water with a little bit of crystal light to flavor it, of if I drink propel or fruit2O the water goes down fine..sometimes I can do plain water..but its uncomfortable and I can feel it going down.
IrishIze
on 11/3/04 11:30 pm - NJ
I hear ya - I can't drink plain water either. It sits like stones in my pouch. I add a little bit of lemonade Fruit Refreshers and it's fine. I'd love to know the answer too, if anyone has it. Hugs, Nancy -67
Deejay
on 11/4/04 12:31 am - Sparks, NV
I had the same problem for almost the first 3 months and then finally got strep throat and all I did was drink warm water for 3 days and then that went away. weird, but I've heard that will pass with time.
MinnieMia
on 11/4/04 2:04 am - SC
I have no idea. It feels like I'm swallowing a steel marble. I have to "lighten" my water with a teensy bit of tea, lemonade, juice, whatever and then I'm fine. Can't do much of the additive, though, because I can't stand anything to taste sweet since surgery! (yay!) MM
joniliz2
on 11/4/04 3:21 am - NORTH HAVEN, CT
RNY on 07/02/04 with
I can relate to that...tastes like I am drinking liquid metal! Not sure why tho.. Would love to hear an explanation Joanie
kberkihiser
on 11/4/04 3:28 am - Lancaster, PA
I had that too for a while - lately it seems to be ok... but for a long time I could not drink it - only 2 bottled brands could be tolerated and tap water with lots of ice I think it is ok now, keep trying Kristy
Patima
on 11/7/04 5:10 am - GA
I had a very difficult time drinking water after my surgery. In fact, I ended up in the hospital for 5 days because I dehydrated and my magnesium and potassium and vitamin levels were very low! After I got home I bought 5 2-quart pitchers. I have different drinks in each. I also stocked up on bottled water. Every day I start with water and if I can't tolerate it I move on to the other drinks. I stay away from coffee and tea (even decaf). My surgeon says that for every ounce of coffee you drink you have to drink 2 ounces of water to make up for it. Coffee and tea act as diuretics. Ice cold drinks hurt my pouch, so I drink them cool or at room temperature. Patti
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views