Food Amounts. . .

LTruesdale1980
on 11/3/04 10:36 pm - Orange Grove, TX
How much are you guys eating at each meal/snacks? I am 4 months out and really worried that I am over eating. I eat about 1 cup to 1.5cup at each meal. For example, yesterday, I ate 2 pkgs of peanut butter cheese crackers (last minute all i had at work but got protein) 3/4c of pasta for lunch, 3/4c for a snack and 3 naked (yep I said it!) chicken tenders from Popeyes. I did not get sick. . .tummy did not hurt. But I am just paranoid. I know we are all different but jsut want to know if I am about average. Thanks, Lisa
Janette
on 11/3/04 10:44 pm - Peoria, AZ
I was curious about how much I could eat and I did the "cottage cheese test" and I was barely able to eat 2.5 ozs. Plain crackers @ 6...Some days I eat more and others less...just depends on how grouchy my pouchy is!!! Janette RNY 7-13-04 363/274 -89#s
LTruesdale1980
on 11/3/04 10:47 pm - Orange Grove, TX
At the beginning I had no problems. . .it is just these last couple weeks I have been worried about how much I eat. Not sure if it is just a change in the body or what/. Mine also depends on the stomachs mood for the day. Lisa
afcmtvrd
on 11/4/04 12:46 am - Circle Pines, MN
I have the same question. I am able to eat more lately, but am worried it is too much. Yesterday for supper, I got in a cup of chili with a couple of crackers. It seemed like a lot, but I was sooo hungry. That is another change. I seem to be more hungry more often.???
LTruesdale1980
on 11/4/04 12:49 am - Orange Grove, TX
Each day is different for me as well. I eat about the same amount of chili as you do as well. And lately, I keep thinking about food. . .or being hungry. I do not act on it but still it is annoying. Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 11/4/04 12:43 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
The amount I can take in varies quite a bit at times. Last week, I could easily eat 3/4 cup of food at once, although this week, I'm much closer to 1/2 cup, sometimes even less. Sometimes it also depends on what kind of foods you are eating. If the foods have a lot of air or liquid in them, you'll be able to take in more. If it is more solid, like meat, you'll end up eating less. Just because a food measures out to be 1/2 cup, it doesn't mean that when you swallow it, it will be the same amount. The digestive process begins in your mouth with chewing, which crushes most foods into a more dense, less volume paste. As long as you aren't full or getting sick, try not to stress too much. It seems like we all go through times of being able to take in more...hormone related for me. Pamela stuck at -57
LTruesdale1980
on 11/4/04 12:50 am - Orange Grove, TX
Yeah, I noticed that with the penne pasta I had the other day. It may be the hormones. . .mine are waaaaay out of wack and it is not PMS for once . . .hehehehehehe Lisa
kberkihiser
on 11/4/04 3:35 am - Lancaster, PA
I seem to vary on a daily basis - I can eat a small chili at Wendys now, the insides of a 6" sub with a couple bites of the bread just a little over half a cheesburger a whole container of yogurt and the other night 3 SMALL bites of chicken 2 bites of mashed potatos and some coleslaw - This made my husband happy bc he told me just to pick up dinner for the girls and I and he was having beans and weanies Well, I came home with KFC and he smelled it and I think he was happy I was not able to eat more than a couple bites... he got the rest Kristy B
houstondoll
on 11/7/04 11:43 am - Houston, TX
are all of u still measuring ur food??? BIG QUESTION--I don't... is that bad? I just eat what I can... For instance, today I had a protein bar (I ate 1/2 on the way to the store and the other 1/2 on the way home) ...ate a bit of chicken (FOR THE 2nd TIME...I'm so happy) and mashed potatoes (but not much) and a few other things throughout the day..... but I don't measure ARE we suppose to still do that?
Boomkat G.
on 11/7/04 9:37 pm - Magnolia, TX
I'm not measuring it.....my doctor said don't worry too much about the amount of food - just make sure you are eating the right things! Sometimes I feel like I can eat way too much, but others, I can only eat a couple of bites. It's always fun to go out to eat and order grilled shrimp and veggies, and only eat 2 of the shrimp and to be full. Waiters/waitresses always ask me if the food was ok - since it looks like I didn't eat any of it. LOL!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views