when it rains it pours o/t

melissab
on 11/3/04 10:36 am - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
What a day (or two). On a great note, I started a new job on Monday after being unemployed for FAR too long. (WOOHOO!) And it is a place where I really wanted to work, been saying that for about 2 years now (BIGGER WOOHOO!). So I get out of work yesterday to find out my MIL was finally off the waiting list for a local nursing home and was offered a bed. She lives 3-4 hours away with her caretaker brother. Well now the brother hasn't returned any phone calls so the bed is going to someone else and she can't even get back on the waiting list for at least a year (GRR). I'm very annoyed and fighting with DH because I truly believe he needed to just drive up there and get her and bring her here. This is the 3rd bed offer through the years and someone always messes it up. DH isn't willing to do that (GRR). So we are still fighting somewhat about it. His mother is deaf and unable to take our calls herself to get the ball rolling. Another missed chance for the long term care she desperatly needs. So today DH and I fight again about this (Me thinking after work we need to head up there in the car and get her, him not going for it, why? who the heck knows!), then off to work I go. And hour and a half into work, I get a phone call from DH. My 11 year old son's school called and he was hurt. So DH picks him up from school and brings him to my work (at my request). I was hoping it wasn't bad and it had been blown out of proportion. Nope. Ripped up pants, dirt everywhere, big bleeding scrape on his face, lip swollen 5x's it's size, blood in his mouth from a adult tooth that was knocked about a quarter inch back. So I have to leave work on my 3rd day of training at a new job that I desperatly don't want to lose, and take my son to the dentist (regardless of my joy at the job, I couldn't have NOT gone with my son, he was scared witless and I had the terrified "mummy flutters" from the second I got the call). So to the dentist we go, half hour to get an xray because my son couldn't bite down on the piece needed in his mouth to get the xray. He was in so much pain. He's a tough kid and at the "don't touch me mom" phase. Here he is crying, sobbing at points, asking me to hold his hand and saying how scared he is . So we go back in a week to see if the nerve to the tooth is dead, if so it is well over a thousand dollars (not covered by our insurance plan) for a new tooth. Then I find out that he has 5 baby teeth in front of his adult teeth that have to be pulled next week. They won't put him under to do it either. Lovely! And then the braces at upwards of $3000. And me with a really pissed new boss and not sure if I'm going to get canned tomorrow I'm sitting here wanting to be excited about my job, but knowing I might not have it as of tomorrow. My son is still hurting a little but thankfully okay. When it rains it pours! Melissa
Deejay
on 11/4/04 3:50 am - Sparks, NV
what a horrible day! I'm so sorry. I hope your son is feeling better and his nerve in his tooth isn't dead. Hugs to you both, Deejay 257/195/150 -62
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views