How's your skin?

sradcli74
on 11/2/04 4:06 am
Hi Everyone, I'm back from my San Antonio trip, I took your advice and took snacks of peanuts/sunflower seeds and water. When I arrived I hit the GNC and got some delicious Designer Whey Protein Smooties (20g) and had 2 each day, so I wouldn't be paranoid about not getting enough protein. Any who, I haven't seen this question asked and I wanted to know where everyone stood at this point regarding skin sag, for lack of a better term. Prior to my trip I was working out every day but The hotel I stayed at, the fitness center was closed and I didn't get the opportunity to exercise like I wanted to. But anyway, I had my 3 month anniversary, am down 72 pounds, my arms and tummy are ok, but my thighs are another story, boy are they loose. I can definitely tell the difference since I didn't get to exercise for that week. I may have to have a thigh lift. What are your problem areas? Do you think you'll need PS?
Patima
on 11/2/04 5:02 am - GA
Hi Teah, I too, am about 3 months out (14 weeks). I thought I would be one of the lucky ones (don't we all) and wouldn't have a problem with a lot of loose skin because I am considered a "lightweight". But one morning while doing my hair, I had my arms in the air above my head with a curling iron ready for action when I looked in the mirror and lo and behold.....I saw my Gramma's bat wings! I know my mouth dropped in horror and I stood staring at Gramma's arms in MY MIRROR! I moved one arm, then the other, and watched them sway to and fro. And then I had to smile. You see, my Gramma has been with God for almost 25 years, and those batwings were a memory of her! I turned and straightened my arms and there she was again.....a dimple in the elbow! I love you Gramma. Thank you for coming to visit. Patti
Shrinking-Violet
on 11/2/04 8:03 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thighs are bad, stomach is bad. Arms are REAL bad. I thought I'd be one of the "lucky ones" too since I was also considered a lightweight & the fact that I'm (relatively) young. But HECK NO. Stuff is saggin' hard core! :/ I guess I better start a money jar for my plastic surgery fund ;) heh. Angela 229/182/140
Ilva K.
on 11/2/04 11:50 am - NYC, NY
my skin was always tight before this surgery even dow i was 287 pounds, know i have bat ings, my thighs like yello, my breast is yuck, my body is yucky. i walk every day i dont know what to do, going crazy
Sue G.
on 11/2/04 3:31 pm - Aurora, NE
I'm older than most of you so i have a waddle going under my chin in place of the double one now i have this turkey neck thing just in time for Thanksgiving yaaa!! I also have jello on the inside of my thighs and bat wing arms. Oh well it's better than rolls !!
Ann M.
on 11/2/04 8:52 pm - Norwich, CT
Like Ilva said, everything is loose and like jello. It doesn't bother me though. I'm kind of enjoying it. I can't stop grabbing my butt and squeezing because now I have something to get ahold of! This may sound gross, but now I can see my pubic area when I look in the mirror, without having to lift a mound of fat! I noticed it the other day...said "hello! Long time no see!" I'm sure that down the road as more weight comes off I'll start to stress abit about the loose stuff...right now I'm wearing it as a badge of success! Ann 76lbs GONE!
Tara118
on 11/2/04 10:51 pm - Trenton, OH
Lots of stretch mark lines is what I see!!! My boobs, that were only present due to my weight, are sagging with lots of lines. My tummy is full of lines as well as my arms. I have said I am deflating!! Tara 305/235/170
deeno
on 11/3/04 1:09 am - Kokomo, IN
Years ago I lost 70 pounds with diet and exercise--took me two years. My skin was still in great shape at that point. Since the surgery I've lost 58 pounds--took me 3 months (yea, me!!). This time, my skin is hanging on me--thighs look terrible if I get on all fours and look down at them--it was scary! My arms have always been bad (bat wings)--no change there. This time, by boobs are litterally in my lap without a bra on. I read somewhere that the most common bra size after WLS is a 36 long, and I'm beginning to believe it. I also have a fat/skin roll on my stomach that is starting to sag a little. I am pretty sure I will eventually have the surgery for my bat wings. Everything else....who knows. I'm going to give it some time. Diana
kberkihiser
on 11/3/04 3:13 am - Lancaster, PA
I am still looking at fat in alot of areas, Thighs are an issue - between my legs, the outside of my legs are pretty good thanks to the exercise but between the legs as always been a bad place for me. My Tummy is getting better. I had gone shopping for pants about a month out, I saw this wrinkly loose patch on the lower belly. I ran to the drug store for skin firming lotion! I have been lathering daily and the Wrinkly spot is now gone. The stretch marks ALL over are hideous. My boobs have gone from DDD to D but the nipples still point out and not DOWN. The Arms are gross! Hoping they come down and the Upper stomach should be Ok when the 2 little fat spots come off. I don't have love handles on the sides anymore, just the roll in the front that you see if I wear a shirt that is a little snug. Hoping it is not skin, hoping it goes away. I keep using the firming lotion in hopes of keeping it as firm as I can, but the reality is, in 80 pounds I will have bags of skin I would guess. Being only 32 helps only so much. I am considering this treatment at the gym that is supposed to remove cellulite and rejuvinate skin, maybe a mummy wrap at some point, which I hear can help too. I guess I will do whatever I can to avoid a TT. But if it is a must, it is a must - most of my weight is in my belly so I expect some sag there! My butt is shaping up nicely though, not sagging there. My daughter says she sees the skin is looking better under my arms........... I can only hope. I do not want grandma arms in my early thirties I would like to wear sleeveless shirts again just once in my life without shame! Hoping for the best, while preparing myself for the worst... Kristy B 306-242-165
MargaretD
on 11/4/04 6:56 am - Nashville, TN
My bottom and my boobs are sagging quite a bit. I never really realized how many stretch marks are on my boobs! I held an enormous amount of weight there. The insides of my thighs jiggle, but I don't really care. I figure with exercise and a little time and maintaining my goal weight (when i get there) all of this will firm up some, enough for me. Although, I do see a boob job in my future! Margaret 238/174/128
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views