Do you do it all at once?????

on my W.
on 10/30/04 7:41 pm - Canada
Hi Folks, I am curious with the posts from some of you that say you walk 3 to 4 miles a day. I have just started and can do about 1.5 max. There is no way I could stay on the treadmill for 3 ot 4 miles. Is anyone actually doing that or are you breaking it up over the couse of the day? How long does it take you to do that much if you do do it all at once? Thanks. Happy Halloween. Karen. 290 - 225- 145
Vivi *.
on 10/30/04 9:33 pm - clermont, FL
Hi There, I do 1.5 miles every say, that's just enough for me. Sometimes I think that I should do 3 miles, but I just cannot do it right now. Don't beat yourself up, do what u can, just make sure you don't cheat yourself, keep a good and fast pace. We can always increase the time as time goes by, our body resistances are so different from person to person. Can't compare, u know... Hope this helps, -Flávia 223/179.4/115
IrishIze
on 10/30/04 10:04 pm - NJ
Karen, I do two walks a day - between 1.5 and 2 miles for each walk. There are days that I only get one walk in, but usually I get two. I don't walk on the treadmill, I get way too bored, although with the bad weather coming I might have to do that. I also have walking partners to keep me motivated and when I'm walking with someone the time and the distance goes by much more quickly. I'm fortunate that I have a gym at work that I can use for free. There are treadmills, stepper, recumbent bicycle and one of those universal weight things with four or five stations. Now all I have to do is get someone to show me how to use it!! I think the bottom line is to do what you can, and then push yourself just a bit more every few days. Hugs, Nancy -65
jcordell
on 10/31/04 7:41 am - TX
Hi Karen, When I'm only doing treadmill, I do 3 miles at once (set at 4 mph, I am on for 45 min). However, I find it more beneficial to do 30 minutes treadmill (2 miles) and 15 minutes cross-trainer. I burn more calories this way. Congrats on your great weight loss so far! Jeff -81 338/257/188
dana W.
on 10/31/04 9:40 pm - fort worth, tx
Hell i'm just getting to 1 mi in 30 min and thought that was outstanding..no i'm not that advance yet but i hope to be,, i am doing 30 treadmilll, 10 on the bike and then the machines for my legs and arms..thats what they have me on for 6 wks. dana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views