Just found you!

Julianne L.
on 10/30/04 3:41 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi everyone! My name is Julianne, and I had an Open RNY revision, on July 19th. I started out at about 257 (I gained a lot of weight after I was accepted for surgery at 241) because of the stress of my dad's heart attack and surgery... right before I was scheduled for surgery! I had major complications after surgery and was in the hospital for 3 wks. I was starving there, and hated the food! I only lost 3 lbs in the hospital. After I got home, I didn't have much energy to cook or prepare meals for myself, and drank a lot of tomato juice and canned soups. I started losing weight about 6 wks out... when I started eating most foods again, in very small amounts of course. Now I can eat a large variety of foods, and feel satisfied with my diet. My energy level is almost back to normal, and my bloodwork came back good... normal. I see Dr. Fisher next Monday, and can't wait until he sees how I look! I went shopping yesterday, and can fit into a woman's size 14/16 jeans... down from a 24 before surgery. I miss some of the old foods, but feel the small sacrifice being made is well worth it! I look forward to reading your posts, and getting to know all of you. Julianne
IrishIze
on 10/30/04 4:15 am - NJ
Welcome Julianne - I'm so glad you found us! I had my surgery on 7/19 too and had some complications, but I'm doing pretty well now and I feel very blessed that I was able to have this surgery. I can see and feel the difference with single moment.... Please stick around - we're a pretty nice bunch! Hugs, Nancy -64
Julianne L.
on 10/31/04 1:49 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi Nancy! Thanks for the welcome! I'm sorry to hear that you had some complications also, but happy to hear that you're doing well now... I can see that you're losing weight, and understand how much better it makes you feel. Keep up the good work! I can see that you are a very nice group, and I am so happy to have found you! Julianne 257/192/150
AngelFlyingHappy
on 10/30/04 5:53 am - Oxnard, CA
Well hello there Julianne!! Welcome to the Board!!! I also had my surgery on July 19th!! This surgery has been amazing!!!! I fortunately have had a relatively easy time with it. I'm sorry you had a rough start but sounds like you are on the right road now!! Congratulations and welcome!! You'll like it here. Michelle -68
Julianne L.
on 10/31/04 1:53 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi Michelle! Thanks for the warm welcome! I agree with you that this surgery is amazing!!! The rough beginning only makes me more aware of why I'm doing this and keeps me on track... I am so thankful for Dr. Fisher! I know that I'm going to like this board, everyone is so nice! Julianne
jcordell
on 10/30/04 6:33 am - TX
Hi Julianne! Dr. Fisher's partner, Dr. Atkinson, did my Lap-RNY on 7/7/4. Cool to see another Las Vegan in here! Anyways, I've lost a total of 81 pounds so far. Do you go to the support group meetings? I haven't been. I get all the support I need from my wonderful WLS sisters here on this board! Looking forward to hearing about your progress. Keep smiling and keep the faith! Jeff -81 (54% to goal) 338/257/188
Julianne L.
on 10/31/04 1:05 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi Jeff! It's good to hear from you! Thanks for the welcome aboard! I agree with you that this board is very supportive, and look forward to getting to hear how everyone's doing. You're doing great, Jeff! I can see that you are happy with life! Dr. Atkinson and Dr. Fisher did my surgery, as I was a revision, so I'm familiar with him. He is a great Dr. I saw in the newspaper this morning that he's the head of Desert Springs Weight Loss Surgery Department... Has he left Dr. Fisher's practice? On my last days of hospitalization, Dr. Fisher introduced me to a new surgeon who just joined the practice. He seemed nice, but nervous and intimidated by Dr. Fisher. So far, I have lost 65 lbs, and am not in any race to lose faster. At my age, I can't afford my skin to get any baggier then it already is... Seriously, I don't want any more surgery, after this last one, and I don't think my hubby's insurance would cover it anyway. They didn't cover this operation! I am thinking of going to the support group meetings, for the social value, as well as keeping in touch with why I did this. Dr. Fisher thinks they are an important part of a sucessful outcome. I'll try it. Take care, and I also look forward to hearing how you're doing. Julianne 257/192/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views