Anyone having trouble eating????

on my W.
on 10/29/04 3:53 am - Canada
Hi Folks, For some reason, partly my head but mostly my stomach...I have eaten very little this past week. I get full sooo fast and really uncomfortable. I open the fridge now..it is likely going on two weeks...and I just shut it again. I get my 80 grams of protein in by way of protein drinks all morning and for lunch. I have NO problem with liquids...just with food and I actually threw up yesterday which is a first in a month and a half. Anywone else going through the same thing??? Karen. 290 - 227 now - 145- want to be.
melissaross75
on 10/29/04 6:33 am - Cottage Grove, MN
Fortunately for me I have been just the opposite. I had trouble eating a lot of things before, but recently I am able to eat really great. I think I have it figured out why I was getting sick though. #1. eating too fast. I am hungry come dinner time and I just take too many bites too fast and end up with that really full feeling and vomit. Now, I am really aware and stop myself from eating too fast. #2. I find that if I get adequate water from either decaf tea or flavored water I can eat better. Almost as if my stomach needs to be hydrated to accept any food. So making sure I get lots of water inbetween meals is a big help. I hope that you will figure out what it takes for you....maybe its just a phase. Melissa
on my W.
on 10/29/04 9:49 am - Canada
Thanks so much. I will try and get a little more water and hope that this is a phase.....Karen.
Debra O.
on 10/29/04 7:47 am - Chino, CA
Karen...i feel the same way. i havent thrown up in a while, just because I got so tired of throwing up, so I quit trying to eat the stuff that was doing it. I get all my protien from liquids and yogurt. I think im gonna have to becone a vegetarian, because I cant eat any meat or eggs, and I've never like cheese, so that is out too. The good part is I was down another pound today...209...woo hoo...onderfuls here I come.
IrishIze
on 10/29/04 10:59 pm - NJ
I still have a lot of problems with eating. More often than not, I can't do chicken or tuna or fi**** just doesn't sit well in my pouch. I don't quite understand it because I can eat nuts, but not some moist chicken thigh...what's up with that???? I also find that my weight loss is slowing down. I'm losing 2-3 lbs per week as opposed to 4-5 two weeks ago. I'm also getting bored with the foods I can eat - how many eggs and how much cottage cheese can one person eat?? Anyway, food is becoming less important to me. Unlike a lot of WLS people, I enjoy my protein drinks, and get in most of my protein that way. Hugs, Nancy -64
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views