FOOD and EXERCISE 10/28

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/04 1:08 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Oh goodness...I don't even want to list my foods, but I'll bite the bullet and admit my massive mistakes. B~1oz string cheese, 1oz thin ham L~Ryan's buffet (hubby's choice, not mine): 1oz cheddar cheese, 1/8 cup cottage cheese, MAYBE 1/4 cup of chili, 1oz chicken, 1tbs mashed potatoes, a few bites of baked beans, part of a roll, and one baby carrot D~1/2 cup, maybe 3/4 cup (noodles were air-filled) Pasta salad, made with mozzarella cheese, salami, rotini noodles, green/red/yellow peppers, and an oil/vinegrette/garlic dressing S~no official snack, but I was making my daughter's treats for school tomorrow, and indulged a little too much. Calories: 1066 (if I'm lucky!) Protein: 67g First of all, I NEVER should have gone to the buffet. I know that, but my husband insisted because HE was in the mood to pig out. I TRIED to make better choices, but couldn't resist some of my worst temptation foods, like the baked beans and the bread. Dinner wouldn't have been so bad, but I feel like I ate too much (even though I wasn't TOO full). And I NEVER should have "tested" those Halloween treats I was making. I'm not going to beat myself up over this, although I must admit that I feel guilty. And honestly, I really prefer to stick to my NORMAL eating habits (cheese, tuna, chicken) than go out to eat. Tomorrow I'll just pick myself up and dust myself off, eat the way I prefer, and head to the gym. As long as one bad day doesn't lead to another, I'll be okay. Pamela -57
IrishIze
on 10/28/04 11:26 pm - NJ
Pam, we're all going to have days when we don't make the best choices. As long as we're aware of what we are doing, and it is the exception rather than the rule, I think we'll be ok. I have been having some problems getting chicken, tuna, etc down and keeping it down. I don't know why. Last night I tried some shrimp and chicken in a lite teryaki sauce and it tasted sooooo good, but after a couple of bites it got stuck and came back up. I'm getting kind of annoyed about this - when am I going to be able to eat more than cottage cheese and scrambled eggs....???? ANYWAY....here's mine: B: Carb Countdown Smoothie with 3/4 scoop Isopure 0 carb protein powder L: 1 oz tuna with 1 T lite mayo S: Jello SF FF pudding w/ 1/2 scoop of Unjury protein powder D: no go with the chicken and shrimp, so ended up with Peanut butter and cream cheese on Trader Joe's Soy Crisps S: Liquid protein from GNC Totals: 525 calories, 75 protein ***************************** No exercise (AARRGGHH!!) I was so busy at work and had a hair appointment after work. By the time I got home it was too dark, and to be perfectly honest, I was too beat. I hope to get both of my walks in today. Hugs, Nancy -64
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/04 12:59 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
With the amount you've been walking, I think it's okay if you miss a day. I don't exercise every day right now (I don't like going to the gym every day), but maybe sometime in the future, when my weight is low enough that it won't burn out my home treadmill's motor.
Shrinking-Violet
on 10/29/04 7:55 am - Maricopa, AZ
Don't feel too bad Pam, we all have those bad days now & then when we didn't make the greatest of choices. Yesterday my co-workers had a little party for my upcoming wedding and they, of course, brought chocolate cake w/whip cream frosting. Yikes! Danger food for me! Well I didn't feel like having to explain that I couldn't eat any of it and why (because most of my co-workers do not know I had the surgery), so I took the smallest piece there was. And I only had about 4 small bites of it. But oh man did I feel so guilty! And the worst part is that I discovered that I do NOT dump from sugar! RATS!!!! That really makes me sad, because I was actually hoping sugar would make me violently ill! heh ;p I did get a teeny bit of a headache but that was about it. Oh well, like you said- as long as one bad day doesn't lead to another, I'll be okay. Angela 229/185/140
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views