Good news and Bad News....

curlysue 9.
on 10/27/04 8:20 pm - Demopolis, AL
Before surgery I started out at 348 pounds. I am now down to 286 pounds. That is a total loss of -62 pounds. That's the good news. The bad news is I have only lost 2 pounds in the last 3 WEEKS!!! What is going on? This has not happend to me since surgery! I've been on a week plateau before, but not 3 Weeks!!! I have totally upped my protein and have been walking an average of 5 days a week (25 minutes each day). I have also been getting in the amount of liquid I am suppose to. Has this happend to anybody else? I am so depressed! Carol
IrishIze
on 10/27/04 10:41 pm - NJ
I stopped losing for almost 2 weeks. Every day the scale read the same (yes, I do indulge myself and weigh every day!). It was driving me nuts. I upped my protein, upped my exercise and upped my water, but nothing. Finally, one day I got on the scale and had lost 2 pounds. Hallelujah!!! That was three days ago, and today I lost another pound, so I'm hoping the plateau is over. I can't tell you what changed it....I wish I could figure it out for future reference. I just think you have to shake up your body in some way. Maybe some extra carbs or lightening up on the exercise...who knows? Hope your plateau breaks soon.... Hugs, Nancy -64
Vivi *.
on 10/27/04 11:38 pm - clermont, FL
Girl!!!!! At least you did not gain!! I gained 2 lbs this past week and have no idea where this came from!!!!!!!!!! So frustrating You are doing great, your body is just adjusting a little to the changes, you will lose lots soon,give it another week and you will see! Just get this out of your head and keep up the WONDERFUL work you have done. A plateau is actually good news, it means your body is working normally!!! -Flávia open RNY 223/181.5/115
melissaross75
on 10/27/04 11:54 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
I go through the same thing. I'm trying not to let myself get concerned and try to focus on doing the right thing. Eating my protein, trying to get all my water, etc... As long as I am doing that, I am just assuming my body is doing what is right for itself...allowing the weight to come off slowly is less of a strain on your body, so I just assume "it" knows what "it's" doing, who am I to argue? Don't get depressed! You have a lost 62 pounds!! That is awesome! You couldn't have lost that much in this amount of time with out your tool. You do your job and it will do it's job... Melissa
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/04 12:40 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Although the overall trend for my scale is DOWN, there have been weeks where I won't lose anything, or even gain, and then BAM, I've lost six pounds. I weight every day on my home scale just to see what my body is doing with water weight, but I officially weigh in at the gym about three times a week. I just keep plugging away at it, knowing that the scale will eventually move in the right direction. Pamela 352/295/healthy BMI
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/04 12:40 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Although the overall trend for my scale is DOWN, there have been weeks where I won't lose anything, or even gain, and then BAM, I've lost six pounds. I weight every day on my home scale just to see what my body is doing with water weight, but I officially weigh in at the gym about three times a week. I just keep plugging away at it, knowing that the scale will eventually move in the right direction. Pamela 352/295/healthy BMI
CAROL H.
on 10/28/04 1:45 am - FAIRBORN, OH
Same thing here....it's been a week or so since I've lost any more. I guess that we just have to keep reminding ourselves that it does take about a year and a half to get where we're going. In the grand scheme of things, we're doing great!
Debra O.
on 10/28/04 5:24 am - Chino, CA
I just broke a three week plateau...its such a drag getting on that scale and not having it move...so i hear you. I even told my hubby that i didnt think I was gonna lose anymore, then all of a sudden it started to move again...Hang in there it gets better! ~Debra
bobby s
on 10/28/04 1:37 pm - Central, FL
Hey Carol, I'm probably the biggest person in here. So needless to say I have more to lose. I have only lost 11 pounds this past month. With over 160 pounds more to go, it is really frustrating. Just keep doing what you should be doing and let the weight take care of itself.
Sue G.
on 10/28/04 4:39 pm - Aurora, NE
I lost 8 lbs this month 4 the first week then nothing until this week all of a sudden another 4! I was thrilled but boy was it rough not seeing it going down all month. I think your body takes a rest and altho the scale doesn't move you lose inches try measuring at the begining of the month then each week. I'm thrilled no matter how much it goes down!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views