My little boy was amazed...

Lisa H.
on 10/27/04 9:30 am - Lake City, FL
We were shopping this past weekend and my 8 year old came up to me and put his arms around me for a hug. He looked up at me real quick with a big grin on his face and said, "I can put my arms all the way around you now". He was just as excited as I was to hear it. It's a big deal when a child even notices the change. Just thought I'd share my sweet story with you. Lisa H,. rny7/1/04 start weight before surgery 310 now 224
Shrinking-Violet
on 10/27/04 1:31 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Congratulations Lisa What a great WLS moment! I agree that it's big news when a child notices. Angela LapRNY 07/28/07 229/185/140
bunnymorris
on 10/27/04 2:14 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Warms your heart doesn't it? I work in a school and the kids are noticing now. Some even demand to know what is going on? one young man asked me why I hadn't been doing the morning announcements (I was on half days at the time). I told him I only worked half days---WHY?---finally he kept pressing and I told him I had surgery in the summer. He immediately came back with--"Do you need my help? Can I do anything? Need me to move heavy stuff for you? Are you sure you are ok?" What a sweetie. Give your little one lots of hugs! Love, Bunny
Debra O.
on 10/28/04 5:12 am - Chino, CA
LoL...It really is true about kids...I teach a girls group at our church. Last year I tough 4th grade girls, and when we started back up last month one of the girls that was in my class last year came up to me and said, you look so familiar to me...who are you...She was serious too, she didnt recognize me. ~Debra
Cheri M.
on 10/29/04 12:18 pm - NJ
Its funny that you post this. My 6 year old girl says the same things all the time to me.. usually right out of the blue. One morning I was brushing my teeth while she was using the bathroom, still half a sleep and said "mommy, your butt looks like it is getting so skinny". I never loved her more than I did at that moment. Another time, as we were walking into school in a hurry, she turned and said, "Mom, you look great today, you look so much smaller." Out of the mouths of babes! Just gotta love them. 15 weeks post op and down 74 lbs. Loving every minute of it too. Never thought I would say that about exercising before.. but now I look forward to it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views