Hello, I am also new to the group

Geri
on 10/26/04 3:09 am - Watsonville, CA
Mar. 2004 was my first appt with my surgeon and my final decision to have WLS. I weighed in at 296 and had to loss some weight before surgery. Day of surgery I weighed 273 and now currently I weigh 215. The journey has really been exciting, jus****ching the pounds go away. I hope forever. I just wish my mind would catch up with my body. Some times it's just so unbelievable how my body is changing in such a short time. I am so happy I found this message board to share with others, that may understand what I am going through.
IrishIze
on 10/26/04 3:19 am - NJ
Hi Geri! It sure is amazing how our bodies are changing. Mine never felt so good! I have so much energy that even if I try to lay down for a nap on Saturday or Sunday, I can't!! I'm glad you found us, and look forward to sharing our experiences. Hugs, Nancy -63
on my W.
on 10/26/04 4:03 am - Canada
Wow....you are doing so well. The numbers looked familiar so I had to respond. I started in the 290's too but that was at surgery time and I am now in the 220's. I can't wait until I hit the teens like you .......WAY TO GO....I haven't been in the teens in 7 years so that is a real encouraging thing. I am so happy for you. Keep up the great work and don't forget to keep posting and letting us other July folks know how you are doing. Question.....what are you doing for exercise??????? Just curious. Have a great day. Karen.
Geri
on 10/26/04 7:24 am - Watsonville, CA
When I get back into my routine, I work out with the Leslie Samson's "Walk a Mile" tape and she also has a Tone up tape, which I do right after, I walk the mile. Her tapes also come in 2 & 3 miles walks. I find the tape challenging enough to work up a sweat. I try to do this at least three times a week.
AngelFlyingHappy
on 10/26/04 6:46 am - Oxnard, CA
Welcome welcome!! You are doing awesome!!!!!! Look forward to getting to know you. Michelle -65
Naaazah
on 10/26/04 6:50 am - Killeen, TX
I too was 269lbs the day of surgery, im at around the same weight you are 210lbs. I feel so good, i finally feel normal. i still have a ways to go but im so happy im not 269 lbs anymore. Congradulations to you! shameka
Debra O.
on 10/26/04 11:33 am - Chino, CA
Hi Geri, I'm very similar to you as weight goes too. I was 270 the day of surgery. My highest weight was 293. This morning I weighed 210 yeah a three week plateau has finally broken.(Cant wait til the onederfuls). For a total weit loss of 60 since surgery, 83 since my highest weight. I'm finding it really hard to get any motivation to eat lately. I cook for my family sometimes, and just look at the food. Nothing sounds good. Except my yoplait ultra yogurt that I eat daily. Im doing ok with my protien and water, its just food that I have issues with. ~Debra
Julianne L.
on 10/30/04 3:48 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi Geri! My name is Julianne, and I am new to the board also. I had my surgery on July 19th and can't believe how much my body has changed in such a short time, also! I find that sometimes I'm not even myself... Welcome, and keep up the great work!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views