A Little Vent Time

bamasweetpea
on 10/25/04 6:29 am - Fayetteville, NC
I would like to know what has been the hardest thing about your surgery. I was thinking this morning about what the hardest part of having this surgery was for me. Mine was/is the sweets issue! I used to LOVE sweets.
Sue G.
on 10/25/04 8:36 am - Aurora, NE
My first month was hell for me. My dr had me on pureed foods. I knew before the surgery I would have to be on them but I didn't realize it would be a whole month!!! He said it would give everything time to heal and I understood but I sure hated it. Some times I would not eat at all rather than eat pureed! Now that I can eat regular food again its getting dry food like chicken stuck in there and having to threw it back up. It doesn't happen every day but when it does oh boy does it hurt until it's all out of me.
AngelFlyingHappy
on 10/25/04 10:32 am - Oxnard, CA
I'd have to say the first couple of weeks, when everything smelled so good. As far as sweets, I dont miss them all that much. But yesterday I made a sugar free cheesecake and had just a small tiny piece and it was very good. Do a search for sugar free desserts, there's a lot you can do. Michelle -65
SpyderS
on 10/26/04 7:42 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Not the very hardest, but certainly the biggest mental challenge was assuring my 11 year old little girl that Mommie was NOT going to change. After MANY talks with her... it finally boiled down to one statement by me that finally got through to her. I told her; "Pooh, I will still nag you to do the dishes, clean your room, and empty the cat pan like I do now!" Well, she go this huge smile on her face and it was then I seen the acceptance in her face that Mommie will still be Mommie. Spyder 357/289.5 -67
dana W.
on 10/26/04 1:09 pm - fort worth, tx
mine wld be soda,,, even though i didnt drink even a full can of soda when i cld have it,,, now every time i see a soda can,,, i lust aft it...
Vivi *.
on 10/27/04 12:11 am - clermont, FL
me too, but add chocolate to it, I dump even of FF pudim, or candy! no more chocolate for me, and I was on who could not go to the mall without bringing some Godiva home... -Flávia
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views