Is anyones's pouch shrinking???

on my W.
on 10/25/04 6:02 am - Canada
Hi Folks.... Just a quick question. Does anyone feel like they are eating less than they were a month ago? I seem to have had a few weeks where I just open and shut the fridge and really don't find anything that I would like to eat. I am not hungry and when I do it...I am soooo full after just a few bites. I can't beleive how fast I am filling up. Today I got 60 grams of protein in my protein drinks for breakfast and morning snacks and then I ususally have a late lunch but can only put in such a small amount...2 crackers with salmon on them. Fluids go down without any problem but food is harder these last 2 weeks. Any thoughts anyone??? Karen.
MinnieMia
on 10/25/04 6:07 am - SC
YES!!!! I cannot find anything I want to eat anymore! My BF is one of those guys who knows what he wants when we get to a restaurant and likes to order his meal when he orders his drink...weeeelllll....it takes me SOOO long to find anything that looks appetizing we wind up sitting there for 15-20 or more minutes while I look at the menu over and over and over. And when I get the meal I can get like 4-5 bites in and that's it. Not that I'm complaining! MM
Dj _.
on 10/25/04 6:14 am - Eden Prairie, MN
I talked with my surgeon about this today. He says our pouchs don't shrink...but for the last month, I can't seem to get much in. Do you have any discomfort? Or just don't feel like eating? Deb
Geri
on 10/26/04 3:17 am - Watsonville, CA
Yes, now that you mention it. That is happening to me too. It has gotten so hard to even think about food. I have had to force myself to eat some kind of protein (meat). But for the last couple of days its mostly protein drinks and hot tea. I do make sure that I take all my vitamins every day. It just may be a phase I am going through and hopefully things will be better.
Ann M.
on 10/26/04 10:14 am - Norwich, CT
If this is a phase, count me in! I'm doing the same thing too. I don't want solid food. Protein drinks, yogurt, s/f pudding are working for me. I had a protein shake for breakfast, a yogurt for lunch and it is now 8:00PM and I still haven't had supper-and I'm not really hungry! I'm actually kind of enjoying this...sure beats feeling like I'm starving-which is what I had to deal with about two weeks ago...big time! Ann 71lbs GONE!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views