FOOD and EXERCISE 10/24

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/04 12:54 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Ok...here goes... B~4oz Wendy's chili (leftovers) L~1/3 cup tuna salad, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1 slice bread D~1 Pillsbury biscuit with low-fat/cal gravy, 2 slices of microwave bacon S~1oz string cheese Calories: 755 Protein: 57 Exercise: None I admit it...dinner was not the best choice. I guess I should have gone to the grocery store! Pamela -55
kberkihiser
on 10/24/04 1:14 pm - Lancaster, PA
BAD FOOD DAY FOR ME B- Slept through L - Kudo Bar and way to daughters game D - Sm Salad, Small portion of Mashed potatos & green beans, Small bit of chicken S - Apple Crisp w no sugar added ice cream Calories - not sure Protein- hardly any Exercise - My Soccer Game Kristy B -60
IrishIze
on 10/25/04 12:08 am - NJ
I was still not feeling well and on top of a miserable head cold, I was pouting over being on a plateau for about 10 days, so I haven't been a very good girl protein-wise... Here's my not so great day: B: 3 small kosher dill pickles, 40 Planter's Cashews halves and pieces L: Carb Countdown yogurt smoothie with 1/2 scoop of Isopure protein powder D: 2.5 oz. Chicken thigh with 1/2 small red skin potato (1/2 T FF sour cream and 1/4 T margarine) S: Lemonade with 1/2 scoop of Unjury Totals: 531 cal / 25 fat / 22 carb / 55 protein ********************************** Exercise: Walked 1.5 miles Hugs, Nancy -61 (still......)
(deactivated member)
on 10/25/04 12:23 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Nancy, is it possible that you are taking in too much salt? I don't know how your other meals have been the past two weeks, but I'm sure those pickles are loaded with sodium. Keep an eye on your salt intake...you could just be retaining water. That has happened to me at least twice since surgery! And remember...when you are getting discouraged, the LAST thing you need to do is give up. That's what our OLD selves used to do on diets...it's a mindset we have to change! Don't worry, sometimes I do the same thing...it's a hard thing to overcome! Pamela -55
IrishIze
on 10/25/04 3:16 am - NJ
Yeah, Pam, I wondered about the salt, I'm going to try and be a better girl today - I'm starting off with my protein drink, and I had some Carb countdown yogurt with some extra Any Whey protein mixed in, so I'm off to a good start today. I really haven't given up. I know the plateau will break, it's just so frustrating to see that same number on the scale every day. Yesterday I had my son stand on it to see if it came up with the same number! Thanks for your support and concern - and when this plateau breaks, you can be sure I'll be here hoopin' and hollerin'!! Hugs, Nancy -61
Dj _.
on 10/25/04 1:28 am - Eden Prairie, MN
Hi July! I've been keeping up with this thread, I think it's great. But it sure makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong! Yesterday: B: 1/3 cup of yogurt L: 1" cube-size of roast beef, dipped in ketchup d: tried to eat a biscuit with cheese, 2 bites only. 1/4 c of lite applesauce. That's it. According to my doctor, I'm to eat 3 meals only, no snacking and no calories from drinks, including protein drinks. Each meal should be no more than 1/2 c. of food. He does ask me to eat one tbs of veg at lunch and 1 tbs of fruit at dinner (or viceversa). I can barely get in 1/4 c. of food at each meal. For the last few weeks, almost every meal becomes so uncomfortable to me. I eat VERY slowly, chew each bite until it's mush (so afraid, still, of something getting stuck), but still, can only eat such a small amount. I was getting sick from my vitamins, and now have trouble taking them, so usually don't. I did try the spray type this weekend, but made me sick. I have lost 72 pounds (down from 259). I had my surgery on July 12th. Is anyone else eating these small amounts. I feel weak most of the time. I drink between 40-50 oz of water per day. Thanks, Deb
(deactivated member)
on 10/25/04 3:42 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Have you talked to your surgeon or dietician about this? You might be having some sort of mechanical problem with your surgery, especially if you can't even handle vitamins, which are EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Since you aren't eating much, you might want to go ahead and use protein supplements to help up your calorie and protein intake. That's probably why you're so weak...without protein, your body isn't going to function right. I say call your surgeon! Pamela -55
emmalousmom
on 10/25/04 9:26 am - Wawa, Canada
Deb have you counted your protein up, it hardly looks like any and if you can't get it in by food, I think you should have a protein shake, it is your health and your hair!! P.S. the only time I am tired or weak is when I don't have a protein shake, they have so many good things in them. Louise
emmalousmom
on 10/25/04 9:26 am - Wawa, Canada
Deb have you counted your protein up, it hardly looks like any and if you can't get it in by food, I think you should have a protein shake, it is your health and your hair!! P.S. the only time I am tired or weak is when I don't have a protein shake, they have so many good things in them. Louise
bamasweetpea
on 10/25/04 2:28 am - Fayetteville, NC
B-Cheese and Bolona and Protein Shake Vanilla--Good L- 6 bites of Steak and 2 bites of Bake Potato with Cheese D-3 bites of a ham and cheese sandwich and a handful of peanuts Snacks for the day Frozen Grapes and a apple with Peanut butter on it. Water- About 30-40 oz Protein-Estimated at 50 grams Exercise-Just regular walking around the yard--Better than nothing which is what I felt like doing!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views