Gray hair at 24 years old?

jenniferwheeler
on 10/23/04 12:53 pm - PA
Hi everyone, I have a question for your about gray hair. I am only 24 years old and have never had any gray hair's until after the operation. Has anyone else experenced anything like this? Any info would be great! Thanks Jen -54lbs
Micmomof3
on 10/24/04 8:15 am - Jacksonville, fl
Hi there I am also 24yrs. old and haves some gray hair as well. The only difference is that I had the gray hair long before the WLS, but 3 kids and a mouthy fiance will do that to ya! Best of Luck! MICHELLE
MargaretD
on 10/25/04 3:12 am - Nashville, TN
My graying started at 21! I started coloring at about 25-26 and now would have no idea what my hair would look like if i let the gray out! I do know that I have tons of it, now. But I don't think it has gotten worse since surgery. Stress will accelerate it, but I think gray hair is cause by genetics. My dad had a full head of it by the time he was 30! I am now 31, but I don't have a full head of gray. ~~~~~~~~~ Margaret 238/179.6/128
(deactivated member)
on 10/25/04 4:17 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I just noticed a gray hair today! Just one, thankfully. I've never had any graying before surgery, so this was kind of weird. I yanked it out
Sarah Joy
on 10/25/04 4:32 am - Hawthorne, CA
I'm 22 and my mom noticed some grey in my hair a few months before my surgery. I would have to say that your grey's probably aren't due to your surgery. I think that the grey thing happens a lot younger than people like to admit, and so now we are stuck with it creaping up on us with no warning! After my mom noticed my grey she told me that she was totally grey by the time she was 23. Nice to know! lol.... I died my hair alot in high school so I was letting it completely grow out all the way, and then found my hair to be this nasty mousey brown, and then mom found the grey and so I've been coloring every since. :P
Irene S.
on 10/26/04 1:27 am - NJ
My mom found my 1st one when I was 13 years old. I started coloring my hair in my late teens/early 20's. I pulled one or two out of my son's head at 6 yo. When I mentioned it to his pediatrician, she said that he could have an "old" hair that goes grey without necessarily going all grey at a young age. Anyhow, since I saw those 2 in my son's hair, I haven't seen anymore, and he's 14 now. irene
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views