Hello! New to the group!

jewelcrown
on 10/23/04 12:35 pm
Hello, I'm Denise. I had my surgery on July 6 and I'm down 49 lbs. On my last visit to my nutritionist, I was told I should be down more than this. I was a little down, so I reached back to my old ways and binged on sugar. I discovered I don't dump. I'm disappointed that I don't dump. So now, I'm struggling to stay away from the "no no" foods with willpower. I think I'm back on track, but am definitely struggling. I am also struggling with consistent exercise. I know I'll get there. Reading the posts helps. I've also discovered Fitday.com. Thanks for being there!
Sue G.
on 10/23/04 4:42 pm - Aurora, NE
Don't feel alone I had rny on July 21st and I'm only down 42 pounds. I think some of us have body's that just take it slower than the rest! Don't worry you're doing great just think 49 lbs off thats one pound from 50 and we still have 9 months to go! Us slow and studie's will still win the race. It says in all my research that we can lose up to 18 months so it may take us the full 18 months but we'll get there just hang in there and try real hard to stay away from the 's If the thought of doing 30 or 40 mins of excercise everyday seems over whelming try 10 mins 3 or 4 times a day it will break up the excercise and not seem so bad. Eventually you'll get to enjoy the time to yourself. Also excercise can kick start your losing again give it a try and remember your not alone theirs lots of us right here with ya .... Sue
IrishIze
on 10/24/04 1:29 am - NJ
Hi Denise! I'm glad you found us!! There is a lot of support here and believe me, we all struggle now and again. I use fitday.com religiously and it really has helped me keep an eye on what's going in. Glad to have another 'July Baby' here!! Hugs, Nancy -61
Towanda S.
on 10/24/04 8:28 pm - Somewhere in, CT
Hi Denise: I am hoping that your nutritionist gave you some helpful pointers to help with your weight loss? Here is my take on the "numbers" thing... It can be destructive if that is all we focus on. I think the focus is better placed on finding a healthy routine re: food, hydration and exercise. All 3 components are vital to success. As well? Support. You will find that here. Does your surgeon offer post-op support groups? I find them helpful for the "community" thing and also to get "tips" on what might help when we are struggling. Also, one other suggestion...if your surgeon offers this or you can get a referral...try to find a good psychologist who is WELL VERSED with the food issues we all face upon trying to change our relationship with food. I know it has helped me immeasurably. But if you do...make sure that person is knowledgeable in the matters of food issues. Fitday.com is an awesome site and if you have a PC, you can buy the software for a small fee and have it on your computer. Not only does it help keep us accountable for all that we take in daily, but also gives you a way to generate a report for your nutritionist. I am sorry you found out that you are not a dumper. That is my fear and what keeps me from testing the waters. Thanks for being so honest and sharing your present struggle with us. You are certainly not alone in this struggle. Towanda
Vivi *.
on 10/25/04 3:54 am - clermont, FL
07/27/04 Open RNY 223/178/115 - only 45. Your are fine! Just put down the sugear and go for a walk, stop worrying about it, it just makes it worse. when stresse dyour body will hold on to your weight! Flávia
jewelcrown
on 10/25/04 4:16 am
Thanks all!! Great tips I will follow up on... I'm doing much better... As of today... I finally hit the 50 lb. loss mark! Hooray.... God bless and thanks for the support.....
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views