FOOD and EXERCISE 10/23

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/04 12:08 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
B-2 or 3oz of chicken breast, 1/2 baked potato (leftovers!) L-1 cup of Spaghettios D-1 cup Wendy's chili with crackers S-Jalopeno flavored pretzels The chili and spaghettios SEEM like a lot, because there's a lot of liquid in them (and the spaghettios have holes in them), I could eat more of it. Exercise: NONE! Went for an awesome ride along the river bluffs in Illinois (I visited my grandmother who lives across the river) Pamela -55
SpyderS
on 10/24/04 12:33 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Hi Pamela, Please do not think that I am here to critize you -), I'm not -- but I looked at the foods you ate, and did not think they were very good choices. So rather than just take an uneducated guess, I went to fitday.com and entered in ALL the values of your meal. (((It took me over 45 minutes to look all this stuff up, so I hope you read it. lol Spagattios - 1 cup: 230 calories 5 grams fat 40 grams carbs 7 grams protein 2 saltine crackers (I am assuming you only ate one package that comes standard with meal): 26 calories 1 gram of fat 4 carbs 1 gram protein Wendy's Chili (small) (nutrition values are from the Wendy's website: http://www.wendys.com/food/Product.jsp?family=7&product=28 Calories: 200 5 grams of fat 21 carbs 17 grams of protein Baked potato: (1/2 of a medium tater) - plain, nothing added Calories: 78 1 gram of fat 16 carbs 1 gram protein Pretzels (assuming you ate 3 - plain hard pretzels) Calories: 34 0 grams of fat 7 grams of carbs 1 gram of protein 2.3 oz. chicken (boneless, white breast - no skin, no fat. broiled) Calories: 168 10 grams of fat 0 carbs 19 grams of protein. The chicken was the very best!!! Your totals: Calories: 736 Fat: 22 CARBS-------> 88 (((OUCH))) Protein: 46 I do not think I am any kind of authority with foods, but I think maybe you might rethink eating all the carbs. The Spagattios is a nutritional wasteland, and the sodium in that stuff is through the roof. All carbs are not bad --- just most of the ones you have chosen above. They are simple carbs --- refined -- we need to eat complex carbs. The potato is a complex carb, and a good one, especially if it is eaten undressed. For a snack, how about 3-4 Triskets? They are 100% whole wheat, and are as complex as you can get. Very thin slices of reduced fat cheese are a nice addition. Try adding more green vegetables into the mix. And a small amount of fruits. Berries are very good for us. The chili is a nice meal... but how about only 1/2 - 3/4 cup instead of the cup? And nix the worthless refined white flour crackers. ((Triskets here instead)) The chicken is a very good choice, and you can see that the nutritional value... especially the protein content is wonderful. How about adding a shake in there during the day to boost protein. Just my 2 cents for you in hopes of your success!!!! Spyder 357/289.5 -67.5
(deactivated member)
on 10/24/04 1:43 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I know that my lunch was kind of a bad choice...but as I was at my grandmother's, I really didn't have any other options. We ALL got stuck with Spaghettios As for the chili...it was kind of watered down, so I was able to eat more than usual. Crackers and pretzels should have been nixed, definitely! I also logged my food for the day (as I do every day), and my counts were very similar. I agree that they weren't the BEST counts that I could have, but not too bad considering I wasn't home for most of the day. Thanks for reminding me that there are some foods that just aren't worth it in terms of calories and protein. Sometimes I forget! Thankfully, this is not a typical meal day for me! Pamela -55
SpyderS
on 10/24/04 8:16 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Good way to go Pamela. You are doing sooooooooooo good!!!! It feels good kicking ass in a good way for a change!!! Spyder 357/289.5 -67.5
IrishIze
on 10/24/04 1:25 am - NJ
I wasn't feeling too well yesterday - miserable head cold, and I had a lot of obligations to boot, so I didn't do very well, but here goes.... B: Matrix 5.0 L: 1 Trader Joe's turkey meatball D: 1 scrambled egg with 7 shrimp and 1 sl of cheddar cheese Snacked on throughout the day: Planter's cashews Totals: 490 cal, 30 fat (ugh - it's the nuts!), 13 carb, 43 protein I hope to do a little better today although I really have no appetite - darn stuffy nose, etc.....ugh. ************************* Exercise: walked 1.5 mile in the AM; yard work for about 3 hours, Walk Away the Pounds 1 mile workout in the evening.
SpyderS
on 10/24/04 8:20 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Hi Nancy... Good day you had. Yes, the nuts have fat, but they also have protein. Don't beat yourself up over them. I have 1/2 - 3/4 cup of peanuts in the shell. I take them to BINGO (which has been LOUSY the last couple of weeks) with me and they keep me entertained. How about adding another protein shake to increase your intake? WOW.. you have tried the Matrix 5.0? I got an order from Maria at bariatriceating.com and she enclosed samples of it.. but I have not tried it. How is it? Keep up the stellar work! Spyder 357/289.5 -67.5
IrishIze
on 10/24/04 9:01 am - NJ
I tried the Matrix Chocolate - I got the sample from Maria too, and it wasn't bad - even mixed with water. I do have an awful head cold, so I am trying to avoid too much dairy, but even with my tastebuds 'compromised' it tasted pretty good. I usually get up somewhere around 70-80g of protein, but as I said, I'm not feeling too well and in fact today, I don't feel like eating or drinking. I'm forcing down some Unjury unflavored in my lemonade right now, and put some Diet Coke Chicken on the stove - I hope I can get some of that down. Hopefully tomorrow I'll start to feel more like myself and get back to my routine. Hugs, Nancy -61 PS - Congrats on your awsome weight loss too!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views