Lean Cuisine Entree

Shrinking-Violet
on 10/22/04 6:51 am - Maricopa, AZ
How much of Lean Cuisine (or similar) frozen entree can you eat? For lunch today I ate nearly ALL (at least 75%) of the LC Three Cheese Chicken entree. Granted there was only about 4 tiny pieces of chicken in it (that were approx. 1 inch in size), the rest was broccoli/red peppers & cheese sauce. But I'm alarmed at myself because I ate so much of it! I've actually been worried about how much I have been able to eat these days. Plus I haven't lost for over a week now. Keep gaining & losing the same pound :/ Eep! -Angela 229/188 (and stuck! stuck! stuck!)/140
Gina F
on 10/22/04 7:04 am - Belton, TX
Wow, that sounds like my week!!! I'm calling it the week of the iron pouch because I can eat anything right now and pouchie is okay. I'm also eating more and it scares me to death. I ate almost all of the inside of a burrito today. And yes, the scale is stuck but I'm not stressing. This will work... I gotta be patient. Protein, water, protein, water... Hugz, Gina 266/214 and stuck but okay with that...
Shrinking-Violet
on 10/22/04 7:16 am - Maricopa, AZ
Yeah Gina, I am scared too. The outside of the box says it's 8oz. Whoa Nelly! If that's the case I just ate like 6-7 oz. It really did not seem like that much though, certainly not 7 oz. of food. Last night I ate 4 oz. of cottage cheese and thought I was going to burst. (I know, bad girl! I actually found myself forcing in that last oz. even though I was already stuffed.) But if 4 oz. of cottage cheese made me feel sicker than a dog, how could I have just ate nearly 7 oz. and I feel just fine?!
(deactivated member)
on 10/22/04 8:00 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I've eaten entire pasta entrees before (the kind with ricotta cheese in it). Most frozen meals really aren't that big, and if you took all the water out of the vegetables, you'd probably discover that there's not REALLY a 4oz volume of food. I wouldn't stress about it unless you were eating one of those Hungry Man meals...then you might be in trouble! Pamela 352/297/normal BMI
IrishIze
on 10/22/04 1:20 pm - NJ
I'm joining the club too. With the exception of some Philly Cheese Steak, I've kept everything down this week and I have to say it seems like I could have eaten lots more than usual. I've also been stuck at the same weight all week. The last time this happened, I got afraid that the surgery had done all it was going to do, but then it turned around and got better - I'm sure that will happen this time too. Hugs, Nancy -61 (still.......)
SpyderS
on 10/24/04 8:36 am - Swedesboro, NJ
EGADS! Cheesesteaks! ((From a South Jersey girl who works in Philly and MANY,MANY, MANY times went to the Italian Market in South Philly for lunch at Pat's steaks and Ginos... I say respectfully to you that... chessesteak is one word)) Now, I'm off to a corner to cry and continue to mourn the loss of my cheesesteaks wit! "cheesesteaks wit" means cheesesteak wit onions (at Pat's) Spyder 357/289.5 -67.5
NadineM
on 10/24/04 8:46 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi Angela, I think we all sometimes think we should not be able to eat as much as we do. I myself have felt this way since surgery. From day one I was able to keep anything down and even went on to solid foods 2 weeks after surgery. I have always been able to eat LARGER amounts then I ever imagined. I think I ate a LC at 3 weeks out & ate the whole thing with NO problem!! I think we all need to remember this is a tool and that it will not save us completly from everything. I can still eat sugar, carbs, drink wine and feel no different then before surgery. I can eat a normal serving sometimes like my husband (bad...bad..bad...me!) But the catch is you need to sometimes stop yourself. I know I do.....sometimes. Like we went out to Pico DeGallo (Like a Baja Fresh Cantina type place) anyhow, he had 3 tiny tacos and I had 1. I wanted all 3 but knew I could eat it so I didn't. I have read everyone's Dr.'s telling them to only be eating 2-4oz for the rest of their lives........I don't think that's right either. I think you have to learn portion control just like anyone else. I know I have had a few plateaus MAJOR ONE for almost 7 weeks.....Ugghhh! Then I changed a few things and am back on my slow track train!!! YEAH!!! I am a REALLY SLOW LOSER.....Started as a lighweight and have lost since surgery only 36 POST-OP pounds & 46 total from before surgery. But I do notice I can eat waaaaaaayyyy more then most, and I need to learn to eat better. But what you ate doesn't sound like a lot to me at all....and if you get a stall just change your portions and up your water & Protein the next day and see how that goes. Also it depends of what else you have eaten the whole day. Check your carbs, protein, calorie count and see if it fits in what you need. Sorry to ramble on here so much...best of luck to you! Nadine RNY 7/19/04 213/203/167/110 (hope to be)??
bamasweetpea
on 10/25/04 2:33 am - Fayetteville, NC
Have no fear! I think we have all been there. I have days where I can eat as much as I want and have to stop myself and there are other days that I dont want to look at food! I think our pouches like to keep us on our toes!
Vivi *.
on 10/25/04 2:52 am - clermont, FL
I didn't think we could have those till I saw your post. I went to the store last night and bought one low carb LC meal (chicken+green beans= 9 net carbs). Will try and see what happens! Flávia
Cassi H.
on 10/27/04 9:29 am - Las Vegas, NV
Remember 8 oz=1 cup so that's not really that much food if you're eating the protein portion first. I eat these frozen meals everyday for lunch and some days I finish everything and other days I barely get the meat portion down. Cassi
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views