Tips for breaking a plateau?

IrishIze
on 10/21/04 10:18 pm - NJ
I have been at -61 for about a week now. I haven't changed anything - I'm getting in at least 70g of protein, 48 oz of water and I'm keeping my carbs low. I walk at least 1.5 miles a day; when the weather is good I walk about 4 miles a day. Any tips on breaking a plateau? I was thinking of doing liquids only for a day or something. Hugs, Nancy -61 (again)
Vivi *.
on 10/21/04 11:42 pm - clermont, FL
Nancy, My nutritionist told me that we should not be breaking our plateaus. She says plateaus happen when our bodies are trying to adjust to the weight loss (the adjustment period is good for your heart.) She told me to try to be patient and allow my body to "heal itself" from all the changes it is suffering. Flavia -44
Gina F
on 10/22/04 1:55 am - Belton, TX
What I've heard is that it's not a plateau until it lasts for 6 weeks. So, you are probably losing inches this week instead of pounds. I have those weeks and figure it has something to do with hormones. Don't sweat it -- just keep doing what you know you should. You are doing awesome! Hugz, Gina F.
Deejay
on 10/22/04 1:59 am - Sparks, NV
this happens to me every other week. I go one week and lose 4-6lbs and the next week, nothing. Its like clockwork. I don't change anything. I go to curves 4-5 days a week every week and eat right etc but it still happens every other week. I just live with it now and wait for the loss week. Hang in there! Deejay 257/201/150 -56
kberkihiser
on 10/22/04 6:25 am - Lancaster, PA
That's so me... and this week definately me! Can't seem to move at all! ready to throw my buddy the scale out the window!!!! Kristy B 306/246 Still!/165
brandnewmw30
on 10/27/04 12:37 pm - MERRILLVILLE, IN
I really don't weigh myself unless I'm in the doctor's office. I figured early after surgery that I would become obsessed with lossing weight all of the time. When I do weigh myself(usually every 3-4 weeks) I find that a lot more gratifying. Even though you may not see the pounds, we all can tell that inches are gone because of the way that our clothes fit and the way that we look. I just want to throw that suggestion out there. As long as we all are doing right as far as eating and excersing, we will all achieve our goals!!!!!! Why? Because we're nothing but a bunch of LOSERS!!!!! Smooches, Teneaha -61
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views