does your body smell different since surgery?

beverly T.
on 10/21/04 1:34 pm - pahokee, FL
hello everyone..i dont mean to gross anyone out, but i'd like to know if any one else has noticed that the odor of your body has changed since surgery? i thought i was going crazy, until i mentioned it to my surgeon today, and he said it wasnt the first time he's heard a patient say it, so i'm just wondering how common it is? oh yea by the way....i weighed in at 240 today.....i started at 295.5......so that 55.5 pounds gone forever.........i'm so happy!!!!!!
emmalousmom
on 10/21/04 1:55 pm - Wawa, Canada
It is ketosis. Your surgeon should have known that. Louise
dana W.
on 10/21/04 8:54 pm - fort worth, tx
Well when i first got hm i smelled differntly and i think that stayed around for a week,, but now i'm back to my ol self.
IrishIze
on 10/21/04 10:15 pm - NJ
I remember being pretty stinky the first couple of weeks after surgery, but I don't notice it now....gee, maybe I should ask other people if THEY notice it!! Hugs, Nancy -61
Traci72
on 10/22/04 4:51 pm - Hastings, MN
I noticed it BIG time! It was very disturbing to me...still is really. I've discovered that w/my body, it's related to how dehydrated I am. If I can get at least 30oz of fluids in a day, I smell relatively normal. If I get in less than 30oz....for at least 2days, I get stinky again and all the showers and deodorant in the world does NOT make a difference.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views