IT'S SO HARD!

dana W.
on 10/20/04 10:05 pm - fort worth, tx
Is it just me?? I know i need protein,, i know i need exercise but its so hard,,,,to do ,,,i need someone who wld call me and say dana get up go exercise,,,i know i have to do it for me but just the motivation is what i need the extra push u know. I cant seem to stay away frm breads,,,or sugar,,,its seems that everyday i screwing up..and cant seem to stop.. I need some help? DANA
MinnieMia
on 10/20/04 10:31 pm - SC
I don't know what to tell you, sweetie. You know you have to...have you found a protein you can tolerate? Do you exercise at all? Are you taking your vites/calcium? You started taking responsibility for your health by having surgery now you just have to keep it up. It's a marathon not a sprint. MM
Ann M.
on 10/20/04 11:41 pm - Norwich, CT
Good advice Minnie. We have to MAKE OURSELVES get up and get moving. Start slow....for short periods of time-five minutes, ten minutes, etc. You'll have to force yourself for only awhile, your body will start craving the activity soon enough. Consider yourself kicked in the butt-get up and JUST DO IT! Ann
Gina F
on 10/21/04 12:53 am - Belton, TX
Well, let me encourage you -- today is a NEW day! You can start over right now and make better choices. I have had bouts with making bad choices, too... and I found that the more carbs you eat, the more you want!!! It's a bad, bad cycle... so get off of that wheel right now. You are going to do great. Find an exercise buddy who will keep you accountable until you can find the motivation to move. Exercise has actually become enjoyable for me now... that was a surprise! So, all in all... keep your chin up and start over right now! Hugz, Gina F.
(deactivated member)
on 10/21/04 2:16 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Dana, there really isn't any reason why should have to AVOID anything if it doesn't make you sick. Of course, you don't want to go overboard with it, because the more carb-loaded foods you are eating, the less room you have for protein. If you find that protein shakes aren't your thing, try finding foods that you like (cheese, for example) that are high in protein. Take it one bite at a time...but eat that protein FIRST, and you'll find that you won't eat as much bread. As for exercise...that's not any easy habit to form. If you have trouble sticking with an exercise program, it might be better to get your exercise in earlier in the day, before life takes over and throws you off track. You need to find something that you enjoy. For me, it's walking on the treadmill while reading a magazine and watching tv. Ask a friend or family member if they would be willing to be your workout buddy. It's easier to stick to something when someone else is counting on you to be there. If THAT doesn't work, do what I did. I paid for a full year membership at the YMCA...nearly $700. I'll be darned if I'm going to spend that kind of money and then not use the gym...I'm not exactly wealthy! The guilt alone from not using the gym forces me to go at least 3 times a week. That, and the fact that I use their scale for my "official" weigh-in, since it's the same as my surgeon's. And maybe on this forum, we can start a daily "What did you eat" and "what did you do for exercise" poll, just to keep one another accountable. Maybe? Pamela -52
dana W.
on 10/21/04 11:11 am - fort worth, tx
thanks everyone,, it did help and i will try some of the things mention to me..
Lalocaweta
on 10/21/04 1:03 pm - Spicewood, TX
Dana: Since I have continued to struggle with chronic nausea...I have taken to having at least 3 tablespoons of GNC concentrated protein a day - Usually try to do 6 tablespooons - 3 have 18 grams of protein. I stomach this better then the protein shakes which tend to be too sweet for my taste. As for the exercise - I don't do it either - Know I should - but just have not found time in my life to do it. So - I have incorporated some little changes into everyday life - that help a bit. I park at the far end of the parking lot of any store I am going to. I always walk the cart back to the store when I am done. I walk up and down the hall where I work (a high school) at least once a day. Not equal to an exercise routine - but small changes are better then nothing. As for breads and sugar - I can't do either - my downfall is tortilla chips with hot sauce...But - I limit myself and don't allow the guilt to overwhelm me. And I practice the "one day at a time" - it is the only way to live life! Good luck. Anne 260/195/150
Jessica D.
on 10/22/04 5:40 am - Two Harbors, MN
Dana: I don't know if you have a curves in your area, or if you do how they are there but at my curves they won't exactly call me and tell me to excersise but if I don't show for a couple of days they will call me and tell me to get my but back there asap. I go three days a week faithfully, my worst fear is being called and told to excersise. I'm horrible on protein, if they make some that tastes good I haven't found it and believe me I've been looking. If you want I'll give you a ring and tell you to excersise? lol... Good luck and hang in there. Jessica 276/212/125
joniliz2
on 10/23/04 7:53 am - NORTH HAVEN, CT
RNY on 07/02/04 with
Dana, You need to make a conscieous effort to go out and exercise. Start walking..up the street...then around the block..then a little farther each day. Ask a neighbor or friend for help. I have a friend who weighs 100 lbs...that is my best motivtor! Another neighbor recently joined up and just by walking has lost 15 lbs. It gets contageous. Each day we make plans on what time we are going to walk the next day...so we make sure it fits in our schedules. Protein...you need protein! Have you tried Carb Countdown milk..I mix the choc and skim half and half. I recently purchased the Unjury unflavored powder and it mixes wonderfully with everthing. I do find that if I have more than just a little carb...it makes me crave carbs and I cannot get enough..so I try to stay away from them. You can do this..the biggest decision was the surgery... I use Fitday.com..it really helps me stay on track Hope this helps Joanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views