Biggest Loser Show!

kberkihiser
on 10/20/04 2:12 am - Lancaster, PA
Hi Everyone; Did anyone watch this last night???????? NBC Biggest Loser. All I have to say is not one of those ladies reached even my current weight AFTER losing 60 lbs! the closest one to my start weight was the biggest guy on the show! They did have some astounding first week losses though, but I think the temptation thing is awfully cruel! My husband who bless his dear little heart struggled to lose 40 pounds on his own 2 years ago and he thought it was cruel what they did to them with the food. While I think the show is helping them, it is kid of sad how they torture them to do it - I saw one of the ladies say how hungry she was and that she only ate under 600 calories the one day. Even my surgeon recommended for health reason at least 950 calories a day the week after surgery, I know I was nowhere near it.... but.......... imagine doing it when you are STARVING!!! Kristy B 306/248/165
Vivi *.
on 10/20/04 5:30 am - clermont, FL
Hi Kristy, I watched it and still have not formed an full opinion on the show, but I'll watch every chance I get, this I know. I can tell you right now that for some skinny people, watching a bunch of fat people strugling will be a source of tremendous entertainment... We fell bad for them cuz we can relate, but imagine people who can't relate and just think that overweight human beings are just fat slobs who can't control themselves... I soometimes think that this is very degrading to overweight individuals and that if people were batling alcohol, and on TV they had them tempted in a bar, the entire nation would think this is cruel and stupid.
(deactivated member)
on 10/20/04 6:28 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I enjoyed the show. It kind of reminded me of Discovery Health's "Body Challenge." I think it's interesting to see what types of diet and exercises people use and what their weight losses look like. I do think that the trainer for the red team is nuts, but then, you never know how far you can push yourself until someone forces you to. Americans like watching weight loss shows like this because 2/3 of us need to lose weight. This is the type of reality show that so many of us can identify with...even some of the skinny people! I can tell you one thing...I intensified my workout this morning after watching the show. It made me realize I wasn't pushing myself as hard as I could. Okay, so I STILL didn't push myself to my limits...but I'm getting there! Pamela -52
Hollie *.
on 10/20/04 3:39 pm - Wasilla, AK
I liked it and I dont think the temptation was torture at all. We have that in our every day lives so they might as well make it as real as possible. If they were locked in a house with only salad of course they would lose weight...then go off the show to gain it all back because they havent had any bread in months. Its as close to reality as they can get I think. Hollie
Micmomof3
on 10/21/04 12:12 am - Jacksonville, fl
I really enjoyed the show and look forward to watching it next week as well. Shows like this are so motivational for me! It makes me want to work harder even while watching the show I got up and started excersiesing (sp?). I didn't like the female trainer though, I don't think she has a clue what its like to be fat and you can't just take someone who is overweight and probably has not excersised in many years and work them that hard starting out! I wish I had a chance to win $250,000 for loseing the most weight I would bust my butt to make sure I win! MICHELLE
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views