I just went for my 3 mont...

heather_y
on 10/19/04 10:45 pm - Goldsboro, NC
I just went for my 3 month follow up at ECU with Dr. MacDonald (he was not my original surgeon but I am going to him now for follow up care). His nurse said that I should still be eating only 2 oz. per meal !!!!! Anyone out there eating 2 oz. per meal at 3 months out ?????
bamasweetpea
on 10/19/04 11:02 pm - Fayetteville, NC
I was told that I should only be able to hold 2-4 oz at a time. No more than that due to it streaching the pouch. I usually eat 2-3 oz on somedays and I have ate over 4 oz a couple of times and boy did I feel bad. They tell me that a 1/4 cup is it. I really believe that every surgeon is going to say something different. Don't worry too much just make sure you don't overfil the pouch too many times. Carrie -56
Heather M.
on 10/19/04 11:03 pm - Kirtland AFB, NM
What??? I would switch to another Dr. That's crazy in my opinion. Heather
MinnieMia
on 10/20/04 12:48 am - SC
My program only recommends 2-4oz per meal (ever, the rest of our lives) but we do mini meals...5-6 per day about every 2 1/2-3 hours. So far it's been true for me but lemme tell ya, around that time of the month all bets are off! 4-6oz is more like it! MM
Sue G.
on 10/20/04 9:52 am - Aurora, NE
I agree with all Drs tell you different. Mine said 1/2 to 3/4 cup per meal (3 meals a day ) and two snacks. For snacks I eat string cheese becuz its low calorie and has 7 gr protein thats 14 grs total for the 2 snacks. Also the string cheese is handy to grab and go when I do my walking I can eat one on the run (walk).
Sandy S.
on 10/20/04 3:24 pm - Surry, United States
My doctor says we should be eating 1/3 to 1/2 a cup per meal (which is 3-4 ounces)at this point, and up to a cup a meal at a year. He advises only three meals a day, and NO grazing inbetween meals! I eat about 1/3, more than that and sometimes it hurts! Only 2 ounces a meal, I would waste away and be miserable!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views