3 Months Out & No Longer Morbidly Obese!!!

kberkihiser
on 10/19/04 4:53 am - Lancaster, PA
I am sooooo thrilled. Today is my 3 month anniversary and I am down to 246 - 60 lbs lost, according to the BMI, I am no longer morbidly obese. I did alot of birthday shopping this weekend and went from a 30/32 or 4x shirt to a 18/20 or 2x and from a TIGHT size 28 pant to a very loose size 22 in 3 months!!!!!!! I looked in the mirror at work today (I banned full length mirrors from home years ago!) and my body is totally different. I have even caught the hubby catching a glimpse of my behind and commenting how he cannot believe how SMALL it has gotten - (Small and my butt have NEVER be synonimous!) I even bought a new fall coat this weekend and it is an XL, not an XXL or even a XXXL but an XL!!! I was thrilled!!!! I still have a ways to go, but WOW - what a difference 3 months has made!.... How is everyone else 3 months out with clothing sizes, weight, etc? I am sooooo glad I did this for myself! My only complaint is I am tired alot and I suspect that I may be slightly anemic. I have to go get my 3 month blood work done soon so I will know. Thanks for the all the support guys! I don't have time with my schedule to get to support meetings, so you guys have become my support group! What is your daily protien goal? Do you alway**** it? Mine is 75g and no, I do not alway**** it. It is hard with the little bit I can eat so far. Everyone getting in the 64 oz of liquid? What do you drink to get it in? I struggle with that too.... but I am getting better! Hugs! Kristy B 306/246/165
Gina F
on 10/19/04 6:03 am - Belton, TX
Great job, Kristy! You are doing so well! I'm feeling pretty good about things, too. I'm actually enjoying exercise these days. Never thought I'd be there! My protein goal is 60 and I usually get pretty close. I grab snacks like lite string cheese or cottage cheese which really helps up the numbers. I'm also doing well on liquid. I absolutely love caffeine free tea. I use equal to sweeten, and have no problem getting enough in every day. I had my 3 month bloodwork done on Friday, and I'm praying everything looks good. Hugz, Gina F. 266/214/?
kberkihiser
on 10/20/04 1:30 am - Lancaster, PA
Thanks Gina; I enjoyed exercise more before my surgury, I am noticing a LAG for me, I have missed more soccer games this season than ever in the last 2 years, and I had not had much energy for the gyme lately. Today I am going to PUSH myself to go! I really need to go! We are also surgury sisters --- You are doing great! Kristy B 306/246/165
TJ B.
on 10/19/04 8:23 am - Texarkana, AR
My three month anniversary is tomorrow. I am currently down from a 28/30 top and bottom to tight 22's. It is amazing in only 3 months. I have not gotten to go shopping yet. I managed to save a few different sizes "just in case I ever got back in them". I am down to the last of my jeans, though. Once the 22's get big I will just have to go shopping. I usually get close to my protein goal of 65. Water is a different story though. I have more difficulty getting it all in. Congrats on your shopping trip. Can't wait till I get to go. LOL Tj Brown 320/253/160 Qestion: How did you come up with your goal of 165 lbs? Mine is just what I am hoping for. Is there a magic number of what we should be able to achieve?
kberkihiser
on 10/20/04 1:27 am - Lancaster, PA
Thanks Tj! You are doing great!!! I have not been a 22 for over 13 yrs so I HAD to go shopping - the smallest stuff I had was a FEW 24's. I Came up with that magic number 2 ways. Assuming I will regain my pre-obese height of 5'8" based on someone with a large build (I am VERY big boned) 165 is the American Medical Association's ideal healthy weight for an individual who is 5'8" and large framed. If I stay my shrunkin 5'6, then I will have to ammend that to 155. I am hoping for my 2 inches back. I also weighed 165 as a senior in high school when I met my husband and was in very good shape (size 10/12 pants and size L or XL tops) which with my bone structure I will never be smaller than a 10) With 2 kids and a 14 years of being overweight I would be happy with 13/14 pants and XL shirts. My surgeon feels what if I reach 200 the surgury is a success, I would like to be at minimum 185 but I would really like to be the AMA healthy weights - Looking at BMI I would need 153 at 5'6 and 163 at 5'8 for an ideal BMI. I wonder if BMI takes into account our bone structure? I have size 11 feet if that gives you an indication of bone structure. I will NEVER be a size 0.....lol Kristy 306/246/165
MargaretD
on 10/19/04 8:24 am - Nashville, TN
I last weighed in on friday and I was down 58 lbs! woohoo!! I am now in a size 16 from a tight 20. I have stacks and stacks of clothes to give away, but I don't know where! I bought a wintery coat in a size medium!! I can put it on now and zip it up, but it is a little tight, I am thinking, though, that in a couple of weeks there will be no more tightness and it is the type of coat that even if it were technically too big, it would be ok because of the cut...it kind of swings, if you know what I mean. I need to do a lot of work on my protein and liquid. I am better at liquid than protein. My doc's goal is 60gm/day and I am closer to 45 - 50. Bad me! I need to get some protein powder and start sprinkling! My three month lab work is scheduled for thursday. I am thinking my potassium and b-12 may be low, based on another post on here. I plan to discuss this with Dr. Houston (who is awesome, btw). ~~~~~~~~~ Margaret 238/180/128
kberkihiser
on 10/20/04 1:51 am - Lancaster, PA
Congrats on your anniversary too!!!!!!!! Funny we have lost exactly the SAME amount! Size med is wonderful!!!!!! How thrilling!!! I do ok with the protien if I remember my protien shakes. I have powder that with 2 scoops I can get 50 grams in 1 shake, that only leaves 25 to fill in with food. My doctors goal 3 months out is 60 also, however, with my hair loss, and recent issues with energy. I am keeping it at 75 for a while longer. Liquid, I am sadly way under par! My next check up was supposed to be the first week of November, it just got moved to late November! I was supposed to do a 2 week and 6 weeks, and at 4 weeks I got in and he said I was doing so well to just go out to the 3 months. I have a feeling, my 3 month, will likely be both my 3 and 6 months at once and I will go back at 9 months.... The practice where I had my surgury is sooooo busy. But they are some of the best surgeons in the state, so I won't gripe. I have a 45 minute drive to get there anyway so It does not burn me much when I do not have to go as often. Isn't I wonderful the progress in 3 months! How exciting!! Kristy B
AngelFlyingHappy
on 10/19/04 11:26 am - Oxnard, CA
Well Happy Three Month Anniversary my WLS sister!! I too am down 60 pounds as of today. Wayy cool. I started out in a 32 pants and 4X tops. I'm now in 1X tops and 22 bottoms. I can hardly believe it. We've come so far in such a short time!!!! Very very exciting. As far as protein....I'm supposed to get between 60-80 grams a day. I usually get around 70. That is my main goal. I just have to share that I bought Honeysuckle White Turkey Meatballs today and they were yummy!!! Loads of protein. I cant have beef or por****il 6 months out so I was very excited for these!!!! As far as drinking, I dont get it all in, but gosh I sure try, its just difficult. I get probably around 50 oz.'s a day. Need to work on that one. Well keep up the great job!!! Michelle -60 and counting
kberkihiser
on 10/20/04 1:57 am - Lancaster, PA
Michelle; This is just amazing! 3 months and 60 lbs!!! so wonderful! Congrats on your 60 lbs. We match up right now. The meatballs sound good. Keep up the good work Surgery sis! Kristy B 306/246/165
Heather M.
on 10/19/04 11:11 pm - Kirtland AFB, NM
Kirsty great job. Doesn't that rock? I know I sure felt good. I want a new winter coat but at the same time I don't want to let go of the one I bought last year. I got a leather Eddie Bauer coat it cost me $250 and I only wore it a couple of times. We're going to Washington State for Christmas so I know I'll need it. I guess this kinda sucks in the clothes part of this surgery. Most of my fat clothes are really nice fat clothes and I can't afford to replace them all (multiple times), aghhhhhhhh. Oh well, guess I'll just be sporting some baggy clothes for a little while. At least until after Christmas. Guess I better get back to the kidos. Once again GREAT JOB!!!!! I think you are doing fantastic! Heather -48
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views