Numbness in thighs and lower stomach

Kelle W
on 10/19/04 3:16 am - Atlanta, GA
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone else from the July board has had this problem...it started for me sometime in late August and has gotten progressively worse. It started with numbness on the outside of my right thigh, it mostly happened at night and felt like pins and needles or a hot/cold feeling. Now it's numb all the time, and it has spread to my left thigh, both of my calves, and the bottom part of my stomach where my "apron" is. I've takled to my surgeon about it and he says he can send me to a neurologist, but he can't help me. A friend of mine who's a chiropractor told me that there is a nerve that runs over both sides of your abdomen and down into your legs. Apparently it is very sensitive to both weight lose and weight gain. I believe that's what I'm experiencing, but it's scaring me now that it's spreading to my calves. I'm still considered diabetic and I'm terrified that it's diabetic neuropathy. Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks! Kelle -90 pounds
jenwright02
on 10/19/04 3:44 am - APG, MD
hi kelle, I am having numbness in both of my legs and i talked to my regular doc about it and she said that its because of all the weight that i have lost its my bodies way of adjusting i am going to see my surgeon 7 november and talk to him about it so hopefully i will know something soon. good luck and if you find out anything about this please let me know.. Jen
IrishIze
on 10/19/04 4:25 am - NJ
There was a post yesterday called 'Tingling in your hands and feet' by Lady Teah, and it sounds like the link she posted might help. Here it is.... http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=165857 Hope things improve for you... Hugs, Nancy -61
MinnieMia
on 10/19/04 4:28 am - SC
The outside of my left thigh has been numb since surgery...It'll tingle and burn occasionally but it's mostly just an annoyance. My surgeon said it was probably how I was laid on the table or a nerve that got nicked...
Patima
on 10/19/04 10:15 am - GA
I have been having problems the past couple of months and have been referred by my PCP to my orthopedic surgeon. It seems I have re-aggravated 2 bulging disks in my lower back which is pressing on the sciatic nerve causing pain and numbness across my hip and down my leg almost to my foot. It seems to be worse at night when I lay on my side - needless to say, I try not to do that! I had an MRI today and get the results Thursday. Patti
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views