Port pain question

nocticula
on 10/18/04 10:16 pm - Brooklyn, NY
Lap Band on 07/06/04 with
Has or is anybody experiencing any pain at their port site? I have been feeling a slight burning and pinching sensation for about a week. It's not horrible, but it sure is uncomfortable. It also feels "bigger" under there and I don't feel the port below the incision anymore, but at the scar site itself. I will no longer go see my original surgeon and have made a call to another surgeon in my area. I am just waiting to hear back to see if they'll treat me and if they take my insurance.
Ann M.
on 10/18/04 11:04 pm - Norwich, CT
I had "itching" at the site when it was healing. The "bigger" issue is the concern. You really need to talk to a doctor about that and get it checked out. I haven't felt anything from my port site since I was two weeks out from surgery. Keep us posted on what's going on. Ann
nocticula
on 10/18/04 11:20 pm - Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Ann. I will post again
Heather M.
on 10/19/04 12:47 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
Okay I'm confused what kind of port or port site are you all talking about? Heather -48
nocticula
on 10/19/04 12:53 am - Brooklyn, NY
I have a port because I have Lapband. I see you had RNY.
Sarah Joy
on 10/20/04 4:05 am - Hawthorne, CA
I had the burny feeling you were talking about, but that was back a few weeks after surgery. Sometimes it gets sore down there now, but not burny or pinchy like you are talking about. I know that when you drop a bunch of weight that things start to move around down there, so it may be that your port is finding a slightly new location and the tube is adjusting a little. If you can get a hold of that new surgeon you should talk to him about it. Why aren't you seeing your old surgeon anymore? Sarah 7/2/04 280/255/145
nocticula
on 10/20/04 4:13 am - Brooklyn, NY
Thanks for your input. For some reason it feels better today. I am thinking that maybe some of it is associated with exercise. I don't know. If you read my profile, I updated to explain what happened to me and why I no longer want to go to him and his office. I just called a new surgeon that has rave reviews here and is closer to my home. They take my current insurance and the insurance I will be switching to in January, so that's great news. I just had to write a letter to the old surgeon's office to get my files over to me to take to the new guy. I hope that they don't delay. I may have to drive out there and complain ;)
Sarah Joy
on 10/20/04 4:32 am - Hawthorne, CA
Yeesh, I just read your story. How aweful. I'm glad the pain went away.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views