Slow Losers ????

dana W.
on 10/20/04 11:44 am - fort worth, tx
i know what u mean,,,i had my surgery on 7/29 and started at 268lbs and now i'm only at 220lbs and on the 29th i'll be 3 mths,,, whats wrg with me..why am i not losing more. dana
jewelcrown
on 10/21/04 9:03 pm
Thank you for asking the question! I thought it was just me. I was beginning to feel like... well, here's another one of your failed attempts. I'm only down 49 lbs in 3-1/2 months. My dietician thinks it should be more. I got a little depressed after hearing that and..... tried some things I shouldn't have.... my head is still in the old mode. Unfortunately, I found out that I don't dump! So now I'm back to trying to stay away from the forbidden foods with willpower. Wish I never found out I don't dump, but such is life. It feels good to know I'm not the only slow loser. I haven't been under 300 lbs in 5 years, so I (we) need to just count our blessings. As long as the weight is going in the right direction (down), we'll be fine!
sammyglo
on 10/23/04 8:56 am - Hobart, IN
i too am glad you posted this. i am a little over three months out and am down 47 pounds as of last week. i has since refused to keep weighing myself. it is way to discouraging. i go through bouts of being depressed that my weight comes off so slow. but my doctor and the nurse that i see every six weeks says i'm doing good. i sometimes don't feel the same, but they have seen more than i have. i read about people who lose so fast and i question myself...am i eating enough protein...am i getting enough fluids...what am i doing wrong. but i have to keep reminiding my self that even though the weight loss is slow it is still weight loss, not weight gain... keep your spirts up. we are all in this together. it really helps to talk with others going through similar things. thanks for posting!!!
Marcy B.
on 10/27/04 11:42 am - West Bloomfield, MI
I" have been extremely frustrated even bordering on depression for my painfully slow weight loss. The day of surgery in the hospital I weighed in at 349- three days earlier at the surgeons office I was 357. So they are going from the 357 weight- and now I am down to 321. Only 36lbs. VERY FRUSTRATING when I have so far to go. But...it is also true that prior to the surgery (" 1 month earlier ) I had ballooned up to 367- so that would really put me at a total weight loss in 4 months of 46lbs. On the other hand..it is very hard to think of that as something amazing when you read all of these other posts that show people at 50 to 75 weight losses at comparable starting weights. I think it says a few things. First it corroborates what I' have always said- I was not a compulsive overeater or a binger. Eating large quantities of food was never my problem. Secondarily, I wonder how many of us who have had slower weight losses actually have had less problem in dealing with adjusting to food, and getting sick or dumping? I can still count on the fingers of one hand how often I have vomited- and I have not yet ever dumped. I think the extreme weight losses are often caused by people being too sick to consume even the 600-1000 calorie average we all do. Since the times I have gotten sick have been really unpleasant I guess its a reasonable trade off to have a slower weight loss- and be relatively okay with most foods. As I write this I am being extremely logical. But my feelings when I am alone and stewing about this, especially after 6 weeks with no weight loss- are less than logical. " If anyone can screw up with this it will be me" I'll be part of the 10% for whom surgery doesn't work. I'll probably gain it all back, etc etc etc. I make myself nuts! But I am down 3 sizes in clothes- and I have lost over 40 inches (with almost 10 in my hips alone) In the final analysis- we just have to have patience..;the weight didn't come on over night, and for some of us, it apparently is not going to come off overnight either. Lets all hang in there and support each other.
marilyn P.
on 11/12/04 10:32 am - RACINE, WI
WOW THATS ME ALL THE WAY I HAD MY SURGERY THE VERY SAME DAY, AND I HAVE ONLY LOST 40LBS. I CALL THAT SLOW TO.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views