Slow Losers ????

Leslie A.
on 10/19/04 2:59 am - Windsor Locks, CT
Hi Flavia, We are so similar! I started at 223 also and am down to 175. I have been stuck at 175 for about 3 weeks now. I am 5"2" and had my surgery on 7/29. I am getting about 45-50 grams of protein a day - 40 of that through Isopure. I am not eating fruits or vegetables yet - doctor said only after 3 months. I can tolerate just about anything and don't get sick but some foods really hurt going down and just sit there (bread, certain meats). I know I have lost ALOT of inches even at my platuau. Clothes I wore three weeks ago are now getting big too. I work out atleast 5 days a week - cardio and resistance training. Everyone's right that we should just be happy to be improving our lives and not living by the scale! Leslie
Shrinking-Violet
on 10/19/04 6:55 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hey me too! I'm 30, 5'2" and I started at 229 (a little higher than you and Flavia) and I had my surgery 07/28/04. I am down to 188 and STUCK. I know it's the exercise. I hate it :p I had gone balls-to-the-walls with it a couple weeks ago and burnt out real quick. I need to pick it back up again but not so crazy. I was sore for 3 days and could hardly move! Heh. I have lost 41 lbs. and I am in my 11th week now. So I too know how frustrating slow weight loss can be. I do get in all my water & protein. I also stay under 20-25 grams of carbs & fats per day. I have my 3 month follow-up next week with my surgeon and I am SOOOO not wanting to go. He expected me to be down 50 lbs. by then (and even that was slow loss according to him). I hate how bad I feel knowing I will be a disappointment to him. But at the same time I am happy for my 41 lb. loss and I know it shows Angela 229/188/140
brittypie
on 10/19/04 3:54 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 07/01/04 with
I am past 3 months out (7/1/04) and hit the 40 pound mark just today!!! And I have to say YAHOO for me!!!! I have my days when I kinda get down about it...but it has started to pick up..7 pounds since just October 1st!! I am going to try to be patient and see where this ride takes me!! We will catch up!!!!
Bunny54
on 10/19/04 6:42 am - Anaheim, CA
I can join this club....I am 3 1/2 months out and have just hit the 49 pound mark...I was feeling discouraged also...but i am playing tricks on myself... i figured it out and its about 3.5 pounds per week! thats a lot! its also about 13.5 pounds per month! thats a lot! i have also been measuring myself since before surgery and I have lost over 38 inches all together! thats a lot! I hope this helps everyone...i know it did me....good luck! Leah F.
Roberta M.
on 10/19/04 6:59 am - Huntington Beach, CA
I've got you all beat. At my 12 week checkup I'd only lost 24 pounds. Actually, I lost it the first 6 weeks and have been on a plateau for the past six weeks. The doctor was not concerned...just said "eat more protein, drink more water"
JulesC
on 10/19/04 11:34 am - Spring Hill, TN
I have felt slow lately too, since I got stuck on 43 lbs at the 2 month mark and then nothing wanted to leave!!! It makes me feel better to see the posts here and realize that I am moving along as my body can take it. I am following the 3 meals a day and trying to get in 60 g of protein. I do get in 4-5 days of exercise (cardio and weights) and all my water plus more. I think my weight loss slowed down due to too few calories and too little protein since I could not eat enough in the 3 meals I am allowed. Jules
houstondoll
on 10/19/04 2:14 pm - Houston, TX
We ought to find out if we can get our own message board started.... ... but I bet that it wouldn't look good for pre-ops.... Thank you so much for posting this.... I was at the point of not coming back to OH for a while because it is a little discouraging hearing about 60-70-90+ lb. weight loss... I know its not a competition but it sure would feel good sometimes to at least be a part of the crowd in the race .... Just so you know... I did think that the bigger u were the more you'd lose but thats not the case... I am just like Brenda I believe... same day about 5 pounds smaller and I've lost about 50....But you know what.. I don't know if my pouch works hehehehe ...yes, I get sick with sugar and yes, I get 'stuck' when I don't chew chew chew... But I can eat, girl.... I can really put food in my mouth, chew chew chew -swollow and do it again and again.... ONCE--I even ate 3 boiled eggs...now I'm afraid I'll have high cholesteral...... CONGRATS TO US ALL We are all that!!!!
Sue G.
on 10/19/04 5:43 pm - Aurora, NE
Wow I didn't expect so many responses when I posted this It sure makes me feel better more like part of the group And I started at 311 but I thought maybe age had something to do with it since I'm 56 yrs old. I'm also taller than most 5'10" so maybe it all depends on each person's body. but as someone said I'll just keep going and see where the ride takes me thanks to u all !!! I feel much better now Sue
Sarah Joy
on 10/20/04 4:14 am - Hawthorne, CA
Me too! Actually, I've gotcha all beat :P I'm at -25 since my surgery and I've been stuck since before my first fill 6 weeks after surgery. Dunno what it is. I've been walking every day, make sure I get the protien n' stuff. I'm not drinking enough water though. I will say for you low calorie eaters that you need to be careful. Generally you are supposed to eat at least 900 calories, or your body could go into starvation mode, which may be why you aren't losing anything, because your body clings on to every morsel like there's no tomorrow. I'm a Bandster, so I go in for my next fill in 2 weeks and we'll see if we can't kick my plateau, but I'm glad someone brought this up. "They" say not to compare yourself to others, which is true because everyone is different, but it's hard. You wonder what you are doing wrong or whatever when you aren't getting the results you see other people getting. The only thing that has kept me from going into too much of a slump is that I realized that while my scale isn't going down, it's not going UP either. This in itself is a blessing. Sarah Banded 7/2/04 First fill 8/17/04 2cc 280/255/145
kknute
on 10/20/04 6:38 am - COTTONWOOD, MN
I'm exactly at -43--- seems like it's slow--but it's coming off I don't mind the slow rate--but I hope it doesn't get so slow that I don't get to my goal of 150 lbs before the weight stops coming off! kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views