Slow Losers ????

Sue G.
on 10/18/04 5:46 pm - Aurora, NE
Anyone out there like me a slow loser ??? I'm 3 months out and only down 42 lbs. I'm thrilled to be down that much but sure get discouraged when I see how much everyone else has lost. My clothes are getting much bigger and everyone at work notices my weight lose. It's still hard to struggle with threwing up and getting food stuck in my pouch and then know that I'm way behind everyone else!! I am happy for everyone but sure wish I could catch up to ya
MinnieMia
on 10/18/04 8:34 pm - SC
Oh, god yes. I'm seeing people who are posting "I'm *only* down 50 pounds in 2 months" and i want to crawl under the table! A lady posted yesterday about losing 92 pounds in 3 months and I was SO happy for her but I also just wanted to cry! I feel ashamed, especially when the psychologist in my program thought that by 7 weeks I should have already lost 45 pounds! (He's a putz.) I'm 14 weeks out today and am down only 45 pounds. Month 2 I lost a whoppin' 7 pounds. Lost 14 last month but still... I'm not even really losing lots of inches anymore like I did month 2 (no pounds, but several inches that month). According to curves I've lost like 3% body fat last month which is good but I am sitting on 206...199 is SOOO close but I just can't get there. At this rate I'll NEVER get to goal. Like you I'm thrilled at the downward trend but still...I'm a little sad... Congrats on your losses so far, we'll just link arms and stroll to goal instead of sprinting...deal? MM
martigraw
on 10/18/04 8:41 pm - MUSKEGON, MI
Hi, I just went for my 3 month check-up yesterday, and I lost 42 pounds. I went from 215 to 173. I also was a little disapointed, because I only lost 11 pounds from my one month check-up. But like you I am happy to be where I am.
nocticula
on 10/18/04 10:11 pm - Brooklyn, NY
Lap Band on 07/06/04 with
I'm down only 42.5 lbs and feel the same way. Thanks for posting so now we all don't feel so alone.
Ann M.
on 10/18/04 11:09 pm - Norwich, CT
Hey Folks....I think the rate of weight loss might correspond to how much overweight you are to begin with. I have lost almost 70 lbs (well, 69lbs today) since 7/6/04. I weighed 314 to begin with. I know someone who lost 200 lbs in the first month and a half-he weighed close to 1,000 lbs to begin with. The bigger people are going to lose faster. Just do what you are supposed to do-protein, veggie, frui****er water water-exercise. The weight will come off-at the rate that is right for your body. Stressing about it can just drive you to the wrong things. Just MHO Ann
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/04 11:49 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Ann, I have to disagree with your theory just a bit. I started at 352, and I'm down 52lbs. I'm further out than most of my July comrades, and the majority of them have lost more than me AND started out weighing less. While I'm sure beginning weight plays a role for many people, I also think genetics and metabolism are center stage. Generally, I eat between 700 and 1000 calories a day, with 50+g of protein solely from food. I drink my water, take my vitamins, and I excersice at least three times a week, including lifting weights. I am much more active than I have ever been in my adult life, yet those darned pounds just cling to me. My advice for slow losers is this: Be happy that you are losing weight. Live your life the way it was meant to be lived, and don't focus too much on what your scale has to say. As long as you aren't overeating or eating really unhealthy foods, the weight will come off at a pace that your body can handle. No matter how fast or how slow you are losing, your body is headed in the right direction...to healthy. And that's what counts! Pamela -52
msknow
on 10/19/04 12:43 am - Deerfield Beach, FL
Pamela, How in the world are you able to eat 700-1000 calories per day?? I'm eating, maybe, 200-300 a day. I'm only allowed to eat three meals a day and usually I can't eat more than 2 ounces. The only exception is the cottage cheese I eat in the morning. It's a 4 oz. cup. Other than that, I drink water all day long. Laura
(deactivated member)
on 10/19/04 2:24 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I've been able to eat 4oz of most foods (except heavy meats like chicken) for more than a month, and can take in almost 6oz of less solid foods like cottage cheese. According to my dietician, I should be eating between 600 and 1000 calories, getting all my protein from foods instead of supplements. I generally eat 3 meals a day without snacks, although sometimes I do have a snack. The calories add up, I guess! I do know that if I overeat, I throw up, so I know my pouch works. You might want to call your dietician. 300 calories seems pretty low to me...maybe she can give you some pointers on how to get in more calories. She may suggest you eat 4 to 6 meals a day, to help you get in what you need. Pamela -52
Shelly H C.
on 10/20/04 1:21 am - New Castle, DE
Hi Laura, I am just scanning through some of the posts. You are only eating 200-300 calories a day? What are you meals like? When I had my 3 month check up, my surgeon advised that I should be eating anywhere from 500-700 calories a day and only 1/2cup of food. He says our body still needs fuel. I generally eat 1/2 cup a food per meal. Sometimes a little more with soup. An example would be yesterday. Breakfast, I had 1/2 apple with 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter. Lunch, 1/2c chicken salad with 5 ginny's soy crisps. Dinner. I had 3 oz ham, 1/4 cup squash, broccoli, carrot mix, and 1 tablespoon of Mash potatoes. Before bed I will have a protein drink I use unjury only. I also have Herbal peppermint tea with sweetner when I am tired of drinking water. All of that other protein makes me sick. It averages a little more than 600 calories. Did your surgeon say that you should only eat 200-300? I am just wondering. I know all surgeons are different, but because you are only eating 3 meals a day, I really am wondering about the limited amount of calories you are eating. As far as losing slow, My surgeon says that some people have bodies that don't want to give up the weight as quick as others. He believes that these people tend to lose weight consistently over the course of the year, verses some who may lose large amounts of weight the first few months and then their weight loss decrease drastically to about 5 lbs a month. Either way, I am happy, I feel great and my clothes are falling off of me. ~O'Shell
Vivi *.
on 10/19/04 1:45 am - clermont, FL
I'll be 3 months out in 1 week and have lost 43 lbs so far. I eat 6 mini meals a day, majority of my meals are protein, fruit and carbs from veggies. Still working on getting in all my H2O... Flavia Open RNY 07/27/04 223/180/115 5'3 tall, 30 years old.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views