Have you heard...

JustHat
on 10/18/04 4:04 pm - NM
Last week I had my appointment with my surgeon. He has a new intern that follows him around on Tuesdays. They met each other during my appointment. I sat and listened while he filled her in on GBS and his ring he puts on. Anyway, all of this I already knew. But, I didn't know that he says that he can predict how much someone will lose by how much they have lost at 3 1/2 months as long as they don't start cheating and keep exercising right. So, that is roughly 15 weeks. Tomorrow I will be 12 weeks out. If this is true for me, I will be well past my goal of 150. I figured out how much I should have lost if I stay at my current 4 pounds a week. I would have an ending weight of 104 pounds. Not likely. I know there are women out there that are my height and do weigh that much. I also know that I can't ever be that size and alive. But, I thought it was an interesting way to estimate what to expect for typical people. I guess I am not typical. I never want to be a Skinny Ninny.
MinnieMia
on 10/18/04 8:38 pm - SC
The psychologist running my aftercare program has his own ideas about how much we should be losing...15# the first week, 4# each week after that. So far I'm a big disappointment to him I think they all have their ideas but no one really knows. Every person is different. Even if they can predict with some accuracy they're not going to do it 100%. So what's his prediction formula? MM
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/04 11:59 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
My surgeon expects me to lose at least 150lbs, despite my disappointing 13lbs the first month and 48lbs by the end of my third month. Too bad that I have 217 to lose, not just 150! I don't think anyone can truly predict how someone will do. Some people lose very fast early on, and then get stuck at six months, while some people lose slowly early on, but as their body adjusts, they pick up pace at six months. That's the interesting thing about humans...we're so unpredictable! Pamela -52
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views